• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That and the followers toque are the true problem. I did wittness a patrol ski cut line.

I wont touch the DBD due to the dangerous bikes now poaching every line. They have the gall to say that it is abunai. Hah.

Tsugaike cracks down about now anyways every year. Tats more than likely pissed them off bigtime cause he kept skiing there even after all his troubles.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
mongolia / outer mongolia???? That is Vail
Mongolia/Outer Mongolia is over the back off the top of Fernie's Timberline Quad. It's got some really nice rock gardens where you can build some nice QPs as well as some sick tree runs. Vail has a place with the same name too ay?

I was there pre expansion so we had to hike into places like the saddles or currie bowl. Was so perfect back then. Back then they had a rope line to haul your butt up to bomb the staddle start zones.

Quote:

Tsugaike cracks down about now anyways every year. Tats more than likely pissed them off bigtime cause he kept skiing there even after all his troubles.
That could have been us then if we hadn't quit and moved south to Happo.
Did he get a warning first? Or was the argument the first time he was caught?

That was his first time this year. Caught in the same spot as us. but to be honest they are using a mobile to eye the N and S ways out. If they see you on the N way out I fuigure the mobile will make a break for that side very quickly. Whichever I figure its all over there unless it snows and they cant see you. Its easy to tell when you drop in though cause really once you drop over the back with fattys on they know.

We could traverse the chutes to get to most of the lines thus hiding our tracks in. But that would require a slight bit of step ups on the traverse. or just hit happo up and start BC touring as planned

I wish I could run

Hurts my knees though

My big plan was to hit the gym. I need indoor shoes but I can't find any that fit. The sizes all stop at 28. I want 28.5 mad.gif

Oh well. Bike isn't so bad. But I do want to work my upper body.

My knees creak a bit but not much. Biking here sucks poo, plus I cant leave my school for a jaunt. I will ride my bike to work startsing tomorrrow its so warm. You can add 25kms bike and 5 km jog to my tateyam training program.

Nice here for biking right now. Perfect temperature. I went up into the hills. Sun was out but it didn't get to warm. Probably about 10.

I'll get out again on friday. Try for 3 times a week I think. Or more if I get really bored.

Quote:
I was there pre expansion so we had to hike into places like the saddles or currie bowl. Was so perfect back then. Back then they had a rope line to haul your butt up to bomb the staddle start zones.
The new lift kinda killed Currie. Still and awesome bowl but it got tracked out so fast with lift access. I was there in 98/99 just after the LL crew bought it out. At the end of that season they bulldozed the daylodge and rebuilt the place. Haven't been there since but have heard it's like a mini Whistler now. Kicking Horse out of Golden was the buzz back then and that's a place a wouldn't mind spending a year snowboarding and mountain biking but it's back to Oz for me.

It didn't kill Fernie just Currie Bowl. Before the lift you had to hike to get to Currie and the fresh powder lasted longer. It did have advantages like making it easier to get to other places but for me Fernie then and Fernie now are two totally different ski areas. The old Fernie had more charm now it feels just like a mini Whistler or Lake Louise, maybe more like LL as it's owned by the same guy.