This may be a bit stupid but I was wondering just how much snow that Sapporo gets. I know that they have the ice festival and they have resorts within the city limits but I wondered how much the city itself gets.

Also how about Nagano city, does that also get a fair bit of snow?

Nagano gets snow but usudally doesn't get huge amounts.

Even my way near Iiyama for most of the season doesn't have huge snow walls going on. Funny how just a bit further up there is much more.

Yeah, that is prob best though. To be really close to the mountains so that daily access is easy but not so much snow that it becomes a nuisance for regular life. I'd hate to continually clear mountains of snow off of my path every day!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
To be really close to the mountains so that daily access is easy but not so much snow that it becomes a nuisance for regular life. I'd hate to continually clear mountains of snow off of my path every day!

That's Seattle. Rarely snow in the city. Plenty within an hour's drive.

Denver: 55 inches

Salt Lake City: 64 inches

Anchorage: 69 inches

Minneapolis is already on the chart. All cities are less than 2 metric meters (by my calculations using a very complex scientific formula. Probably too technical to explain or understand here. I had to get extra ram for my computer to handle it.)