If its casual wear I like Timberlands (not the hip hop style ones though). For general shoes I find Asics are pretty cheap - buy em for roughly 4000 yen and just loaf around in those. Running and working out I dont pinch pennies and buy good shoes. Recently really like Mizuno running shoes. Excellent shoes.

Mizuno! - Love them! I really need to get another pair, but mine are awesome - right combination of support, comfort and impact absorption.

Colorado boots, or similar for work where I am on my feet a lot.

The stupid high heels for functions, work where I am sitting, or short days. But my feet HURT after wearing heels.

But I don't skimp on shoes - they have to be well made, comfortable, supportive, and pretty. I don't buy shoes often - coz it is hard to tick all those boxes at once - at least it is in Perth!

Right now, in uggh boots. Noice and warm. Flats (boat shoes) for work in the office. Boots for work around the olive grove and press.

In summer, I prefer thongs (Some call them jandals or flipflops) for casual.

I wear Teva Sandals a lot over here from about April/May until Sept/Oct. Other than that I usually wear trainers, I like Nike best. I have a couple of pairs of nice shoes that I can wear when going out to pubs n clubs and dress shoes that I wear with my suit.

Bit like Jimmy Choo for the girls... I would love to own just one pair of Jimmy Choo's in my lifetime - just to say I have some - but my word...the $$$ attached to owning a pair! Not being a mens show buff is Ferragamo in the same $$$ catagory?

Depends on the purpose...

For casual shoes, I'm wearing a pair of etnies. I bought them 2 years ago and they are still in decent enough condition, as well as being comfortable. I would have loved them when I was in Tokyo, as my Converse All-Stars aren't comfortable.

For work, I've just got a battered old pair of Hush Puppies... they sit under my desk for the most part, so I don't care.

I should get a pair of running shoes/trainer so that I don't get hella sore legs when playing soccer, but they are so expensive, and I'm a tightwad.

I like shoes. I have a lot of them, all in pairs as a matter of fact.

I like smart ones.

And I like guys in smart ones too - though I generally like smart dressers anyway.

wave

Hmmm

3 sports/training

3 work/smart shoes

2 other/casual

0 flipflops (they are silly)

I hate breaking in new smart shoes. I remember once I wore for the first time on a conference 2 day meeting. Big mistake. By the time I got back home, my feet were a complete mess with sores all over.