Do you have nightmares, or dreams with recurring themes? When?

Last night I dreamt that I heard the doorbell ring and that Mr Tarzan (senior) and I went to the door to have a look. The handle was turning and someone was trying to get in. Then I woke up freaked out cos I wasn't sure if the doorbell had really rung or if I had dreamt it. I think I've had this dream before.

My mum always told me that eating cheese before bed will give you nightmares but I have't noticed that. If I have a nightmare it's usually because I am too hot. Last night I put the aircon on and went back to sleep. Hate sleeping in aircon though.

I cant say I have reoccurring nightmares but I do have some occasionally.

I think I tend to have more when I am stressed about something but thats not always the case.

I ve been told that you see nightmares if you eat too much before you go to bed.

Me Tarzan once dreamt he was being chased by a giant cockroach and I was woken up half suffocating as he had me in a headlock, thinking I was the cockroach. Another time he was dreaming about something else and punched me in the mouth, giving me a fat lip! (I think I posted about that before).

I was waken up in the middle of the night by tsondagirl kicking and punching me. Once I asked her whats wrong, she said she saw a dream of me cheating her with a 20 years old girl.

At least I know whats coming... razz

Once when I really wanted to get back into cycling I had a dream that I was riding. While doing so, I was on my back and my legs were in the air going round in a pedaling motion!

I had bad snake dreams after watching Anaconda!

I had one of those giant soft snakes on my bed and I woke up in horror telling my wife to watch out as it was going to get us!.

Originally Posted By: 69
In the future having to actually get a proper job. Thats my nightmare. Unfortunately, it is also the reality.

Yeah, it sucks.

I've had these really weird distinct psychadelic bad dreams which seem to occur after taking a certain type of cold medicine.

The other recuring dream I have is that I'm at a ski hill or going skiing and it's a bluebird powder day but there's so much crap happening and I just can't seem to get to the lift. I always wake up before actually getting on the lift or getting any turns in.
Originally Posted By: ger
I've had these really weird distinct psychadelic bad dreams which seem to occur after taking a certain type of cold medicine.

like NyQuil? Or some of that J-stuff. Ive felt like I had some acid a few times. That stuff is evil sadface I felt like I was hungover for a few days afterwards....abunai.

The other recuring dream I have is that I'm at a ski hill or going skiing and it's a bluebird powder day but there's so much crap happening and I just can't seem to get to the lift. I always wake up before actually getting on the lift or getting any turns in.

...did you wake up with blueballz?

Mine is random. I had it from when I was 5 or 6 years old and still see that same one now. Back then it was just young and afraid, now it means Im getting quite sick and prolly wont be moving the next 24-48 hours.
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

...did you wake up with blueballz?

Yeah, something like that. Anticipation is NOT half the fun. It's all in the act.
Not sure what the cold medicine was. Anyway, I'll be sure to try some of that NyQuil evilgrin

I often have very vivid nightmares, and remember them very clearly when I wake up. It is interesting though that some of the nightmares I have had, have actually prepared me for real life events.

I had lightening quick reflexes one afternoon poolside grabbing my 2 yr old son as he fell into the pool - so fast the top of his hair did not even get wet. I did not spill a drop of my drink, did not miss a beat in my conversation and the child was completely calm - I wrapped him in a towel I had next to me while the people nearby stood with thier mouths open at how it had unfolded in front of thier eyes.

Truth be told I had had recurring dreams about him falling into a pool and drowning for MONTHS! I always positioned myself poolside and kept one eye on the pool one eye on him - and was always prepared with change of clothes and a towel nearby. My CPR is and always has been up to scratch. It was like all those dreams were preparing me for that day, and when it happened it was like it has been rehearsed over and over. My Sister in Law still tells the story to anyone who will listen.

I have lots of experiences like that. I am not paranoid about dreams, or think they are like psychic premonitions - but I do think it is subconcious preparation in some instances.

Ohh no MeJane...I would think that if this was some subconcious thing that you might have been concerned you had not locked up the house properly at night - a subliminal reminder to lock the doors before bed maybe.