Originally Posted By: Ewok 2
Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
I want in! sadface

i want in too grandpa

ãŠå‰ã¯ãƒ–ーï¼ï¼ sadface

FT, yeah, you got a great view, that is for sure, but many of us dont have that luxury, and have to deal with it the way we can.

Beers in Kansai sometime!!
Originally Posted By: wattiewatson
I can't get into drinking at Beer gardens, or even drinking out in Japan. Y600 for shit beer and that shit service surcharge all adds up to big bill for just shit. In my area, i cant find any cheap nights. When i lived in America, damm hell, every bar had some special going on at least once a week.

Here, i have all the time in the world to drink mid week but not the same bank roll. I drink out maybe once a month. Im just not prepared to pay Y600 a beer when i can go to thailand once a year for a month and drink great beer for $1.

However I have found a nomi-houdai directly across the road from Nagano station if anyone comes up here. Its called Tengu, written in kanji. Its 1 1/2 hours drinking time for 1,500 yen. They claim its 2 hours but its 30mins less after you figure out their service rules. If you want to get wasted its the best place for it. I think its sapporo plus the usual spirits, mixed drinks, wine and sake.

I think bars here are for people who get paid relively well but have no time to spend it. In other words they dont mind getting anal raped because they know they wont have anytime to spend their money anyway. Its all pretty lame in my opinion.

Matt

Yeah mate, I know what you mean. Finding the nomihodai places are definitely the way to go, BUT also try and find standing bars. Just found a new one on Fujisawa, 350 yen for a mug of Sapporo, quality!!
What we often do round here is get convini beers and place or arses down somewhere in the sun with a nice view of sexy ladies walking past, whether thats the park, the beach, or even the train station!! thumbsup
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
What we often do round here is get convini beers and place or arses down somewhere in the sun with a nice view of sexy ladies walking past, whether thats the park, the beach, or even the train station!! thumbsup

thumbsup thumbsup
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
are there still places that have service charges? I havent had one of those in prolly 6,7,8 years as far as I can remember...guess that is still going on in the inaka, MM?

By service charge i mean a charge for that stick of celery or small portion of slop they give you with your first beer. In Nagano, i haven't found one place that doesnt charge for that. None of them tell you that it costs money but the usual price is Y350. Its a rip off in my opinion.

Matt
Quote:

Yep I agree. I buy my brews from the bottle shop. The one impact i have had in my town is that the bottle shop now stocks two rows of Corona in the chiller. When i came i had to buy 5 cold ones and 7 warm ones. Now i can get the full dozen cold. Still pisses me off that my lime costs $1 a pop though.

The last thing that i find weird about Japanese bars is the atmosphere. At a lot of places there isnt really any bar. A lot of bars are more like resturants in atmosphere. Some are even worse and really only have private rooms. Why on earth does anyone go out, only to end up squating in a room with the same rabble you came with?

There is tons of stuff that is great about Japan. However no-one can convince me that their alcholol or bars are any good. The Japanese are only one step above mormons when it comes to beer. They have no idea.

Oh and as some people pass through Nagano city in the winter here's another recommendation for a place to get wasted at. Its called the Washington/Smile hotel. Its near Monzen plaza (a shopping mall) about 10 minutes walk from Nagano station. It does tabehodai/nomihodai for Y3,300 (girls a little less). Its sort of not limited in time. You can start anytime after 6 or 6:30 and it goes until closing time, maybe midnight. Its a good solid 5 hours of drinking time. It has an open bar, you just serve yourself so there's no waiting on the guy to bring a beer over.

Matt

Mattie,

Sounds like you are more into younger aged binge drinking establishments!

I really like Japanese bars. A few mates have em and they are a good place to sit down, catch up with mates and hammer through that bottle keep. I've made some life long friends from some of these places.

Go find a good bar, frequent it and you'll get looked after.

When I lived in the city, I always went to clubs not bars. Japan has some really good ones with far more sexy ladies than you get outside the conveni. Compared to skiing, 2000 or 3000 to get in on a good night is small change.

As for beer, try that new Muroka unfiltered one. Its well good.

Originally Posted By: Indo
Mattie,

Sounds like you are more into younger aged binge drinking establishments!

I really like Japanese bars. A few mates have em and they are a good place to sit down, catch up with mates and hammer through that bottle keep. I've made some life long friends from some of these places.

Go find a good bar, frequent it and you'll get looked after.

By 'Bottle Keep' do you mean the type of bar that you can only buy a spirits by the bottle. Then, when your finished you can keep your bottle behind the bar for the next time you come in? If so, although i dont get into this type of shenanigans, i can understand it. Sort of reminds me of the RSA's back home. I love these places. $3 a pint any day of the week. $6 for a jug. They're good stuff.

Matt

Matt

Bottle keep means that you buy a bottle and can keep it there.

I don't know any bars that are exclusively bottle keep bars. Usually the regulars will do it as it's usually a more cost effective way of drinking.

I usually bought a bottle each time I went unless it was a big 1.8l!

Indo

Indo

Indo

most bars here can do that. I've kept cognacs that I've forgotten about and whiskies that need to be drunk quick 'cos they're closing down next week etc...

thursday

thursday

thursday

thursday

Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
I want in! sadface

i want in too grandpa

ãŠå‰ã¯ãƒ–ーï¼ï¼ sadface

ã‚ã‚“ãŸã‚‚ブーï¼ï¼ã€€ slap

ewok
ewok
ewok
ewok
ewok
I want in! sadface

i want in too grandpa

ãŠå‰ã¯ãƒ–ーï¼ï¼ sadface

ã‚ã‚“ãŸã‚‚ブーï¼ï¼ã€€ slap

ewok
ewok
ewok
ewok
ewok

ãŠå‰ã¯éƒ¨ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†é•·ï¼ï¼ï¼ horse

iyama, enjoy and let us know what they serve. A good poll to add would be what beer did your beer garden serve? cheers
ãŠå‰ã¯éƒ¨ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†ã†é•·ï¼ï¼ï¼

寒ã„。samui。ãƒãƒ£ãƒ—イ。chapui。
must be snowing out there eh cb.

ブーブーーエノスーアイレースー :p

Can't find Muroka in Hakuba. Apparently it has to be delivered in a chilled truck. Like a cheese.

Ewok2 is 部?

何部?

å“çƒéƒ¨ï¼Ÿï¼Ÿ

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Can't find Muroka in Hakuba. Apparently it has to be delivered in a chilled truck. Like a cheese.

Ewok2 is 部?
何部?
å“çƒéƒ¨ï¼Ÿï¼Ÿ

馬鹿部や㧠ブーã¯ãƒ–ーやんã‹ï¼Ÿä½•æ•…ãã‚ŒãŒç†è§£ã—ã«ãã„ã‹ãªï¼Ÿã‚ã„ã¤ã¯ãƒ–ー。。。やã‹ã‚‰éƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ¼ãƒ¼ãƒ¼é•· wink ashamed doh slap eyes

whatever, blame it on the beer. Suntory Malts Premium tonight on tap. Drank like a champ and thats not bad on tap. Decent beer, but should be drunk quicker than other J-beers. Unless its Asahi, then it shouldnt be drunk at all...kinda like skiing in Niseko... just dont go there... ブーï¼ï¼ stir biggrin