Well, I'm shocked, I can tell you.

Kissing men should not be allowed on tv!!!!

Quote:
MPs are calling for an advert showing two men kissing to be reinstated after it was pulled following complaints. More than two decades after the first gay kiss on teatime TV, a kiss is clearly not always just a kiss.

Twenty-one years after Britain's first gay kiss on primetime TV prompted condemnation from MPs, a show of intimacy between two men clearly still has the capacity to shock television audiences.

Heinz has withdrawn an advert for its Deli Mayo brand one week into a five-week schedule. It depicts a man with a New York accent and dressed like a chef, making sandwiches in a homely British family kitchen. After a schoolboy and girl - who refer to the wise-cracking chef as "Mum" - dash through to pick up their sandwiches, their harried father appears, seemingly late for work.

The father says a fleeting goodbye but is summoned back by the chef for a more intimate farewell - a brief kiss.

The commercial was not allowed to be shown during children's programming because of Ofcom regulations governing fat, sugar and salt content. But more than 200 complaints were made to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that the advert was "offensive" and "inappropriate".

A spokeswoman for the ASA says it's still assessing whether to investigate, but added that "homosexuality in itself is not a breach of the code" and complaints in the past about adverts showing same-sex kissing had not prompted any action.

Viewing the ad post ban, on YouTube, it's hard not to believe that Heinz must have foreseen controversy, and that this could all be part of an elaborate publicity stunt. The complaints were from people on "all sides of the debate", says Nigel Dickie of Heinz. He apologised for causing any offence but said the advert had to be withdrawn because it failed in its message.

"The mum transforms into a New York deli chef because this sandwich taste is so good," he says. "It's like having your own deli chef in the kitchen. It wasn't intended to be a gay couple, it was intended to be a humorous metaphor for these great-tasting sandwiches."

Oh you bunch of homophobes!

I see the point the advert was trying to make - the Chunky Soup Advert we have going here "It'll make a man of you" with the girl that gets the hairy back and deep voice is a similar kind of slant I suppose. But the 'point' in the Deli Mayo Ad was so obscure as to be very easily missed I would think.

As for 2 blokes kissing. Not really my thing. Neither is 2 girls kissing. But it appeals to some - and so be it.

Koko...that might be the little floaty bits of bone marrow still in your system from your Hakuba adventure that have lodged in your brain... it may have nothing to do with Mr Heinz sunliminally linking beans and brad.