Originally Posted By: skidaisuki
Snowywharton - everyone else seems to be avoiding making predictions - a superstitious lot here, worried about jinxing things - but I'll make one for you:

Shiga Kogen in January = low temps and lots of nice, powdery snow. And no apres ski....but it won't bother you because you'll be too knackered each night to care

Thanks Skidaisuki! I'll take that prediction! Apres ski doesn't worry me - with 12 in our party, we are bringing our own apres scene!

Cheers - Snow.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Snowy, we're nearly at the end of August now, so in Japan we are just a couple of months away from starting to watch the forecasts in earnest. Snow watch time's great here - and you can follow everything on SJ...

As for me, I am starting training for the season and head down to the ski shop district of Tokyo to get some new boots and a tune-up, probably early in October.

I can't wait to get back to Shiga!

Probably accompanied with a lot of falling down and loud behaviour. However, there will be pockets of quiet enjoyment of the abundant cold white powder.

The areas of especially low IQ will experience strong turbulance, but will be extremely localised. Those with an up to date will map will be able to avoid these slow moving lows. Generally the forecast is one of contentment after days of deep pow.