4 of us, so booked 4 seats together. We are old enough to put up with some stuff so we get there. all over 50, half of us over 60!

The point is to be in Japan, the getting there is something we have to endure, nothing the airlines can do will make the trip much more pleasant, not difficult for them to make it a right pain, though.

Originally Posted By: JA
Yeah, but not all of them! We are booked OOL - KIX in January, and the flights are still OK. Confirmed last night through the jetstar site.

The flights that are disappearing are the Melbourne-Narita flights, and some of the Cairns-Narita ones.

Coolangatta is closer than Sydney or Brisbane, in any case!! So, I'm cheering! Seat allocation made online too!

I have just checked the "my booking" part of the Jetstar flight, and everything is still as is for my Jan 18 Nagoya>Cairns>Melbourne flight, and the flight status is "confirmed"

However, I was under the impression the Jetstar was still going though the process of contacting all passengers to arrange alternatives, as all flights after December were being changed??
  • 2 months later...

I agree I think Qantas have had the monopoly for so long they have become complacent and their service has definately dropped and their safety.

I beleive that Cathy go to singapore then a direct flight to Sapporo which is the option we may look at for 2010 (yep sad huh we are already looking that far ahead).

Jetstar are flying out of Coolongatta to Osaka now BUT HEY I just can't do that cramped seats on a long trip would rather pay a little extra and have comfort and food.

Like I have said before I work hard so I can play hard.

Quote:
I beleive that Cathy go to singapore then a direct flight to Sapporo which is the option we may look at for 2010 (yep sad huh we are already looking that far ahead).

How much time does that add to your journey?
Originally Posted By: neversummer
Who would want to fly with Qantas now anyway?

That's OK for you, you are already in the place of abundant snowfalls. Some of us have to fly there! Simple fact is that there are not many other options for reasonable times and direct flights. I cannot see the "advantage" of a stopover in HK or Sing, unless you have shopping to do (and I don't!) and a decent amount of time. 4hours in HK just means 4 hours in the airport lounge - not my idea of fun!
Originally Posted By: snowhunter
I just can't do that cramped seats on a long trip would rather pay a little extra and have comfort and food.

And you call what airlines supply the punters food?? Glad I don't have to eat at your place! veryshocked
Originally Posted By: snowhunter

No. Sing people come to HKG to catch the Sapporo express. Scum.