This morning on my way to work I stopped at a vending machine to grab a drink cuz I was thirsty. As I was standing there I noticed two cans on the ground amidst some cig butts. Directly behind them, not 1 foot away, were trash cans for pet bottles and cans. I was going to pick em up and throw them away after getting my drink and change. Just then, as Im putting money in the slot, an obaachan comes up. Stops in front of the cans and picks them up. Wow, cool I thought, she's going to help keep the area clean and throw them away. She starts twisting the cans in her hands and ends up taking both the can lids off of the cans. She puts the 2 pieces in her bag. Then, she throws the cans on the ground!! One goes rolling down the hill the other goes out into the street. I stand there in shock at that. I mean, not even to put them on the ground, but to throw them?! Whats worse, the trash can was at eye level for her FFS! veryangry I dont know what to say other than I was speechless and really upset. I grabbed the can that went out into the road, but the other one that rolled down the hill was long gone... Thats just shitty.

I realize how lots of the time there are no trash cans anywhere when you need them. And as inexcusable as it is, I can see why some people just throw trash on the ground. But, when there are trash cans not but a few feet or meters from you, and people still throw trash on the ground, I tend to get vocal. But, that baba took the cake. veryangry

Bad karma points to that baba thumbsdown

Bizarre...why the can lids indeed!

I hate littering as well. No excuse is there.

One of my pet peeves as the family grocery shopper is shopping trolleys that have litter in them in the racks at the front of the store. Sure people are disgusting ... but aren't companies paid to collect those trolleys from the carpark and bring them back inside? How hard would it be to remove the garbage? In fact how hard is it for people to take thier own garbage out of the trolleys!!

But it is really annoying when there is trash on the ground - and a BIN RIGHT THERE!

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
what about all the fockers who smoke and then throw their butts on the ground? Ahhhhh, that one pisses me off veryangry

I always feel like horse horse horse

especially when they do it on the ski hill.
Originally Posted By: soubriquet
I use a portable ash tray. My butts end up in the bin. Some people have good manners, but it seems non-smokers are self appointed arseholes.

yes, Im an arsehole - excuse me for hating such a disgusting habit that DOES bother other people. Especially when there are more cig butts on the ground than ANY OTHER TRASH. You might have good manners when it comes to smoking, but 95% of the people who smoke here dont.

Hurry up, smoke your cigs, and get cancer for us wont you? wink

I usd to get pretty pissed off and belligerent when i saw people throwing their cigs away IN MY PERSNAL PLAYGROUND. I even chased one guy off the lift, picked up his butt, and handed it back to him at the bottom.

But it was way too much stress, and it just ends up pissing the litterbug off as well, rather than getting them to stop.

So now i pack a few extra 100-yen portable ashtrays with me at all times (cargo pockets are actually useful!) on the slopes, and hand them out to offending parties who haven't figured out that the Earth isn't their personal ashtray.

Everyone wins. They get to walk away unmaimed, and i don't get pressed with murder charges.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
I use a portable ash tray. My butts end up in the bin. Some people have good manners, but it seems non-smokers are self appointed arseholes.

Well... not all non-smokers, Soubs.
Same as not all smokers drop thier butts all over the place.

But SOME people ARE pathological litterers!
What do they think...there is some little leprechaun that will follow behind them and pick up all of thier cr@p...

...hmmm...maybe that is where it started...Mama following along behind the kiddies and picking up after them instead of telling them to pick the trash up themselves.