muikabochi posted a good pic of a lady planting rice in his thread here

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/271193#Post271193

and someone asked about them planting rice and the timing.

Here where I am (Tochigi now) it is around Golden Week when it gets started and from what I can see it's all done and dusted now.

What about where you are? When do they plant around where you are?

• 2 weeks later...

I've often toyed with the idea that you buy 50 bridges and get one free. Then you have to store it somewhere.

In fact, that will be going under the expressway when it comes to town. Soon sleepy little Oishida will have an expressway as well as the shinkansen. We're getting fibre optic cable this year too. I have to say, that that country people in Japan get fairly well treated.

It`s right for here, and we are always later than further south. It`s a matter of the soil temperature being right. The timing`s not really important as long as you can get it harvested in time.

I still find it bizarre that we can go from 2 metre blanket of snow in the winter to rice in the summer. I heard the first frogs calling a few nights ago. Love that sound.

Thanks. Secondly, close after dawn.

Firstly. If the rural economy is busted, the urban centres of Japan will be besieged by 40 million displaced farmers looking for work and homes.

Bankrupting the middle class doesn't seem to count as a cost for elite academic economists. I guess it's because their salaries are paid by the taxed hoi poloie.