• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of my extra hiking gear (snowshoes, poles etc) will be on reserve.

You never know when you might need them.

FT, I have made a pair of crampons for the split and worked great!

tsondaboy_216.JPG

I am now waiting for the Spark bindings (like the ones Damian has) and will get crampons also from Spark because the Voile ones are not compatible with the Spark interface.

This one is only 200 gr more than my old Giro fuse and I like the fit much better. I ve used it for 30 days so far and I am pretty happy with it. I am a bit reluctant to change it at the moment.

Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
All of my extra hiking gear (snowshoes, poles etc) will be on reserve.
You never know when you might need them.

FT, I have made a pair of crampons for the split and worked great!
tsondaboy_216.JPG

This doesn't look like a man comfortable with his gear! Tsondaboy, is the split board really that much better than snow shoes for climbing? Also, how was the board going down and how was it setting it up for the descent?
 Originally Posted By: Rag-Doll
This doesn't look like a man comfortable with his gear! Tsondaboy, is the split board really that much better than snow shoes for climbing? Also, how was the board going down and how was it setting it up for the descent?

I was not. smile.gif
Skinning takes a bit to get used to it, but for sure its far far easier than hiking with snowshoes. Last week that I went up to kagura with King, I was able to keep the same pace with him.

Going down is not an issue it feels like a normal board. I am already using a solid Prior board and the dimensions, side cut etc are similar to this one. It is longer and a bit faster than my 160 khyber and although it has a bit longer turning radius its not hard to turn.

King was eating my dust all day. \:D

FT, you are right about the fixed crampons being inconvenient. I feel like I was sawing ice all the way up to Fuji. shifty.gif