Went over the border into Gunma the other day for a bit of a drive. One stop was the small village called Takuminosato, near Numata. It's really pretty - lots of little traditional craft shops, a temple, flowers.... one of the nicest looking little villages I have been to in Japan actually.

Just off route 17 going in the direction of Naeba from Numata. Probably about 20 minutes from Numata / 30 minutes from Naeba.

Here's some photos:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/member_photo_gallery.php?userGallery=205

muikabochi_800.JPG

muikabochi_799.JPG

muikabochi_796.JPG

muikabochi_798.JPG

muikabochi_795.JPG

muikabochi_797.JPG

Nice pics as always muikabochi. You should have given me a shout, I live quite near. Very nice place, especially not on holidays when it gets really busy!

Thanks. Yes, sweet is a good word to describe the little village, lots of little touches like that. It's a really nice place on a sunny day.

Those wooden things were hanging up at the temple, new year wishes I think.

Will do, mina2. \:\)

Nice pics, and that's a pretty use of bamboo. Loads of bamboo groves are abandoned, save for folk digging up takenoko once a year.

Has anyone been to the old silk factory in Gunma-the wannabe world heritage place?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

It's only a small place and not all that famous, but on a fine day it is very pretty.

Not been to that place you mention Mr Wiggles, but I wouldn't mind.