Bluebird powder day today up at Happo. Fresh tracks all day. Fresh stuff was sticky down low. Big avi on the face opposite the Gondola station. Still top to bottom skiing although Nakiyama is nearly done. Prayers are going out for the guy who lost it under the Alpen Quad first run of the day. He looked in a very bad way.

TJ%20OZ_11.jpg

Not much in the way of photos today but here's some proof I was up there. (or at least my camera was)

I'm loving the spring conditions here. I must remember my sunscreen next time though. Not so many layers required either.

I wasnt game to look at this thread. I left Hakkers yesterday lunch time for Tokyo. I was all set for some powder yesterday but the lifts were all shut....aaarrrrgh!!

Glad you on it though.

Originally Posted By: thursday.
what happened? please tell.

Didn't see the incident. It was in the mogul field about 100 mts up from where the photo was taken The moguls were completely covered and everyone was gunning it down in the pow. After the first run I noticed the guy lying face up with his board facing up the hill and and a couple of skiers next to him. Next lift the death sled was coming down and then the next lift the spinal board. Each time the guy hadn't moved at all. Heard the ambulance arrive later on.

Up to 47 today to hit the park. (or should I say let the park it me)

About 40 people on the mountain. Snowing heavily about 100mts up from the base. Powder is sticky in the trees but still plenty of fresh tracks to be had. Big air comp on Saturday evening looks like a good event. Huge kicker being built at the base area.