A disturbing revelation - what to do....

I went to an enkai last night and one of my colleagues revealed something rather disturbing to me.

He (31) basically told me that he is in a (sexual) relationship with an 11 year old girl. I really don't think he was kidding the way he told me.

I'm left wondering what to do about it... what might you do?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That man needs to be behind bars, and know that children are not playthings for his amusement!

I am in a situation of knowing of an abuser and not being able to do anything about it (despite having called community services and the police) - Aomorigum, if you are able to do something about it - do it - if not it will haunt you - trust me!

...even if he was spouting BS,Creek Boy, that is one sick mind to think it is OK to even fantasize about it! True- you can't really go around kicking ass based on sicko minds - but you can certainly let them know you are shocked and disturbed by them and distance yourself.

I wonder what would be a good way to let the authorities know about this without having some kind of backlash against yourself (this is Japan after all). There would be a "whistle blower" black mark on your personnel record if you reported this, even if the guy gets arrested and found guilty.

Thanks folks. I agree with what is being said for the most part. My initial reaction was that it was a (sick) joke and feeling rather uneasy but he really seemed serious and was into "pouring his heart out mode". I was a bit shocked to be honest and didn't know how to react other than show some disapproval and then get the hell out of there. That's where I am now. I'll be in that office today so will see him for the first time since then....

A good way to act is to try and find who the girl is and then inform her parents about it.

If he was that stupid to brag about it, I don't think it will be hard to fish some more info from him. School name, family name etc would be a good start.

He seemed to be avoiding me, though everyone was busy so there wasn't much chance to talk.

He is Japanese.

I'm meeting a good Japanese friend I can trust tonight and going to ask his advice but I'm definitely going to do something.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
....If this was the UK, that guy would be in serious shit.

If they (the authorities) could prove it.

My personal example is an in-law of an in-law who has abused 2 generations within his own family, where the family have closed ranks, and told those within the inner circle who have tried to report it that they will all deny it.

Authorities have been informed (by me and others) yet have no intention of acting unless WE are the victim, or they can get a statement from a victim handed to them. Devestating for us as there are children still within his reach, and thier own parents are not protecting them despite living through it themselves!

It is not as easy to dob in an abuser as you think. Although that doesn't mean we should stop trying.
 Originally Posted By: thursday.
I still don't think it's true.

Maybe not. But Like Mamma bear says, he's a sick little puppy to being even saying this shit. I dont envie your position Aomorigom, but just remember it's not your problem, it between him and the authorities if you do something about it.

Here's what I have done. I spoke with my trusted Japanese friend and he was quite shocked at what he heard. He told me that he had suspicions about the guy before for whatever reason. Anyway, he is going to do something about it this week and keep me in on the loop. Thought it better that perhaps I didn't do it.

I'll keep you posted.