The important topic of... toilets

I was speaking with a Japanese friend the other day and she mentioned that if a place doesn't have a bidet/wash-your-bot toilet, she wouldn't want to use it. Claims that everyone she knows feels the same and that 'most Japanese people' now will use nothing else... be off with that pesky toilet paper.

While I know there are lots of them here, but it surprised me.

Thursday, how can you let your wife hog the ensuite toilet. If it's there, you should use it. I've already notified a couple of lodge owners in Hakuba (you know who you are) that they should get them installed if they want my business.

Originally Posted By: spook
i've never really understood these sorts of toilets. aren't you all wet afterwards?

I always wondered about that too. The next time I see one, I'll use it, grab whoever's bath towel is available, and wipe with that! lol.gif

I took me a long time to get used to the concept, but now I really dig the washlet, it makes sense doesnt it? if you hands are dirty you wash them in the sink with water you dont dry wipe them with a paper towel do you? Toilet paper when you think about is really quite primitive, one step away from a caveman with a large leaf.

We just moved and it was the first thing the missus bought as the new place had a plain old toilet, intially I thought we could wait but after a few days I wholeheartedly concurred we needed to get one asap. Luckily the local home centre had a big sale and we got a Toshiba one dirt cheap.

Spook, they are suprisingly accurate and many have a dryer, even if they have no dryer, one wipe with a bit of toilet paper and you are good to go.

If you a guy and feeling kinky you could push the womans bidet button, which cause a second prong to come out even further forward the the first one.

my inlaws recently remodelled their bathroom and they installed a top of the line Toto dunny, it is a work of art, auto lid opening and closing and a wall panel with more controls than the dash of the space shuttle, even the most fastidious user can get the right wash . I must say I do enjoy visiting their place and taking a long trip with the newspaper Al Bundy style.

yeah mate, they do almost everything, you walk in, the lid pops up, if you are a guy tap a large button on the panel and the seat pops up too, after doing a #1 just walk away, the thing flushes and puts the lid down automatically ( keeps the ladies very happy that)

You end up actually enjoying the your time in the loo with a state of the art toilet.

that's the one for me. It'll make a great anniversary present to replace the non-automated one.

"And for our 7th wedding anniversary I bought her a top of the line fully automated.. erm.. TOTO"

Mama,

When did the position of the loo seat become the province of just one of the genders? Why cannot women (actually, my +1 can! thanks dear) just get over it and put the seat down when they need to use it? If I'm sitting, I have to put it down myself, why can't a woman do that too?

Sorry, :rant mode off:

Originally Posted By: JA
Mama,

When did the position of the loo seat become the province of just one of the genders? Why cannot women (actually, my +1 can! thanks dear) just get over it and put the seat down when they need to use it? If I'm sitting, I have to put it down myself, why can't a woman do that too?

Sorry, :rant mode off:

Well...that is the same argument that my boys give as reason for not putting it down. I hear it. I do. However with 5 toilets in the home you would think that the 5 men in my house would allow me the luxury of having the seat down in the one in my ensuite!! It is a common complaint among women, I am not the only one! And considering the immeasurable service that I give my family with little or no thanks I think having the toilet seat put down is a small thing to ask for domestic harmony, even if it means having to buy a loo that does it automatically.