So, the Euro factory is having a nice little sale on Bros skis - which have one of the best reps out there for hard charging people. Prices and skis are as follows:

The Euro Bros are on sale!

195 SuperBros

183 Softs

174 Soft and Stiff

164 Soft and Stiff

$535 + shipping

The more SJers we get in on it the cheaper shipping will be!

Im going to pick up a pair of 183softs for my touring ski and put my freerides on em. Dunno how long it will take to get some but I know Stunts, FT, and prolly a few others are interested. If you dont know what they are search PM Gear cool.gif

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FT has one of only 20 pairs of prototype Brockers and one of only about 10 that match production specs. I think he has the only pair with touring bindings so I had him test them on the uphill. Awaiting review...

Yeah when you get an open powder field 1km wide and 800 meters down you get drunk afterward!

Can you send some pics to the lodge email and the review will go up tonight.

PS the rockers and light, stiff where they need to be and give where they should. basically the perfect Japan quiver killer!

This is the review I wrote on TGR

In addition to the rave BROcker reviews showing up in tech talk, I would like to add a comparative review, having ridden or owned a lot of reversed/rockered skis in my quest for the perfect soft snow ski.

After riding the Spat, Toon, Hellbent, ARG, Seth and Brocker, the BROcker comes out the hands down winner. This isn't because it is the perfect pow ski, I would have to give that to the Spat shaped skis, it is because even on a pow day, we aren't always on perfect pow and the BROcker slarves pow almost as good as a Spat while hitting up everything else better than any of the new shaped skis I have ridden.

Like I said, the Spat shape is still the perfect slarver and it is obviously due to the rockered tail and reverse reverse. That said, the Brocker will slarve. The large tip rocker and pintail design allows thse skis to be put on their sides and washed with minimal effort. They will scrub a bit more speed while on edge than a reverse reverse but at the same time that does also offer a bit more of a feeling of control. The main area that the Spat shapes beat the Brocker is their ability to pivot.

slarving the Brocker

biglines_83568.jpg

In zipper crust all of these skis perform the same, cutting through the crust like an icebreaker due to the reverse cambered tips. I think it is here where the BROcker really shows its genius. The tip of the brocker, unlike the Hellbent, Seth etc, starts reversing its sidecut very far down the ski. This gives it the crust benefits of the Spat et al. without having to reverse sidecut the whole ski thus limitting its hard snow performance.

Because of the more traditional sidecut and camber lower down, on ice, corn, or wind hammered etc there is no comparison. The BROcker holds an edge like no ski in this review, including the Seth. This is probably partly due to the race tune Pat put on my ski but also due to the stiffness under foot, which again no ski in this review can match. The newer Rockers have tried to improve hardpack performance over the Spats using a flat underfoot or even a small area of traditional sidecut and yes this helps on runouts etc but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on a 50 degree corn run peppered with rocks and cliffed out at the bottom on my ARGs. This is why the ARGs stayed on the ground during my greenland helitrip. I would have loved to have the BROckers in greenland though which is probably the best thing I can say about the Brockers.

Another part of the BROcker's genius is, when on steep hardpack your boots are centered on the effective edge of the ski. This may be a personal preferace but I feel much better centered when jump turning or edging down steep terrain. It for this reason that I often use my park skis for skiing spring chutes.

Brocker's on steeps

biglines_82985.jpg

One thing I never quite liked about a rockered tail was how they landed. Without a perfect centered landing these things tended to wheelie. The Pontoon was a bit better because it was harder to be too far forward but I always liked the traditional tail camber for landings. The Brocker combo of tradititional camber in the tail and its pintail, which gives it Toon like float characteristics on landing, combine the best of both worlds. I even took my brocker's into the Park for a couple of laps and hit the big kickers at Whistler without incident. For what it is worth, the edge hold was enough to allow me to boost over the lip of the pipe. Of all the rockers, I would only even consider doing this with the Seth.

BROckers in flight

biglines_82978.jpg

This brings me to the Seth, which was my previous quiver killer. While a great all round performer, the Seth fails with its traditional shovel (so does the Hellbent). On hooky snow, a round rockered shovel, well... hooks. The reverse tapered tip of the Brocker eliminates the hook, which is quite an achievement from a company fueled on hookers (and blow).