MMA = Mixed Martial Arts. The any style (generally a mix of kickboxing, wrestling, ju jitsu) goes fighting used in competitions like UFC, Pride etc.

UFC = Ultimate Fighting Championship. The largest MMA organization. They have (arguably) most of the best fighters in the world in their org. At least in welter, middle and light heavy weight classes.

UFT = ??? Another MMA org?

Pride was the Japanese equivalent of UFC. Was bought by UFC last year and many of their best fighters went over to UFC.

TUF = The Ultimate Fighter. A reality TV show/training camp in which a bunch of young wanna be fighters train and fight for a UFC contract and get to train with some of the UFC champions.

the only time I ever got to watch pride or K1 was on new years eve. Some of those fights were sweet. I got to see Suedo Genki fight last year he was getting destroyed and got this dude in a triangle dude tapped and then he retired.

Pride was so funny with the way the fighters intro themselves almost like WWE. Its pretty amusing

C'mon soubs no one thinks it's really clever, it's just a hell of a lot of fun watching guys beat the crap out of each other. Who the hell cares if some of these guys end up brain damaged? I know I don't...

They generally make a heap of money (hence why they do it) and we all get entertained. All good as far as I'm concerned. You don't like it? Then don't watch it...simple.

I don't like UFC so much, there is too much wrestling, I hate grappling. People just get down on the ground and wait for the fighter to come down, then they are always settled by tap outs. I much prefer a super KO, its like when someone pulls a fighters batteries out....cya!

Love the sport though not into UFC as much as Pride. I miss Pride..

Soubs, to the untrained, it looks barbaric and a lot of intentional pain but the guys are trained for it and it's not like it's a street fight where untrained people who have no idea are belting each other about.

Have a look at some of the great fights. The guys are smashing the absolute crap out of each other but get up and are giving each other cred. The recent UFC ultimate finale between war machine and J rock for a good example.

After my training sessions, we always sit around and talk about about how good that take down, hook, jab etc was that rocked us. Nothing beat trying to out smart ya mate.

TB. I used to think the same about grappling, but I knew nothing about it then. Now it's a different story... Still prefer the stand up but you gotta appreciate the skill in subs!

Yeah, I used to not be a big fan of grappling but when you see a really good grapler and can appreciate what he is doing it makes it that much more interesting. The recent Joachim Hansen Vs Kotetsu Boku is a great example.

I dont go out of my way to watch it but if its on I enjoy watching it. Some of those fighters are incredible athletes! As soubs says I dont think getting the shite kicked outta you is the smartest thing, neither is riding some of the lines skiers take and die, but whatever floats your boat. Do what you want and us mere mortals will criticize you later for all the stupid shite you did ;\)

I have no doubt about their skills etc but as a spectacle it isn't very entertaining. I prefer a toe to toe match where they are kicking seven shades of shite out of each other!!! \:\)

Lets get it on!!!

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

Lets get it on!!!
lol.gif

when, where, how, what time?
Finally, Sj'S first card!
Indo Vs. TB!
Just good ol fashioned toe to toe..
(I'll kick ya 10 shades of purple!) lol.gif