You never really think things will happen to you or your family...

Last weekend my friends girlfriend (25 years old) was hit by a speeding car while she was crossing a road - terribly injured with head and chest injuries, and monday she died.

She was a great girl and just did not deserve this... it really hurts.

Let's looking after each other in your family and friends and cherish every day.

Absolutely horrible.

Condoleances to all concerned.

Another pin-dick with an inferiority complex who thought he could make-up for it by driving fast and furious. A lot of those in Japan and elsewhere.

I wish they would take their dick out of the tail-pipe and think about people around them when they drive like this.

I hope the guy gets tagged with max sentence available.

Originally Posted By: SerreChe
Absolutely horrible.
Another pin-dick with an inferiority complex who thought he could make-up for it by driving fast and furious. A lot of those in Japan and elsewhere.

Loads of them here Serre Che. My most morbid fear is they will run over a kid. Kids don't have the same hieghtend senses as adults and are much more vulnerable.

Very sad

Yes, very very sad.

And the worst thing about these car crashes are thier preventability! If only the nut behind the wheel had it rammed home that driving that vehicle was not a God given right, but a responsibilty - like carrying a loaded weapon!

My cousins little boy sat himself behind the rear wheel of a 4 wheel drive just as the visitor was leaving and was almost crushed - he had little pinch bruises on his butt cheeks which got squished, and larger lighter bruises on his back from the pressure on the wheel - but luckily he squealed, Mum heard and her friend was reversing slowly with good reaction times.

There is the odd real 'accident' - a friend of my Nanna's never drove again after a 4yr old on a bike flew down the driveway and into the path of his car - he was only doing 50km/per hour (in a 60 zone) and had always been a safe driver. But there was nothing he could do. The child died, and the man caught taxi's, buses and walked for the rest of his life. He could not even bring himself to allow his wife to drive.

But these real accidents are rare and sad occurances - most are totally preventable if the driver just grew a brain!

Absolutely horrible.
I wish they would take their dick out of the tail-pipe and think about people around them when they drive like this.

agreed..some bloke came racing down the street here in front of our HS this morning doing easily 100k/hr, just flying...shit like that pisses me off mad.gif mad.gif Actually, drivers in general here really piss me off...

Sorry to hear that AF. Thats horrible. I hope the person driving gets hung by his balls mad.gif It sucks to see so much pain and frustration for no reason...Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends \:\(

We all hate the boy-racers, but they are just kids showing off. they think its cool, like a bad haircut or having your trousers hanging around your knees. I'm not sure what can be done about it apart from banning all under 30s from driving. Although, there are plenty of boy-racers in their 40s too...

Absolutely horrible.

Let's not jump to conclusions now people.
We don't know if the pedestrian was at fault.
Just as many people on foot or on bikes that do mindless/dangerous things at times which can certainly cause death.

Sad to hear about your friend aromaticfeet. Chin up.

The quality of driving instruction is important. In the UK it is very hard to get a licence now, and you are taught to be very defensive - expect the worst from pedestrians/bikes etc.

Most accidents happen from what people say is 'bad luck', wrong place wrong time. However if you are not a careful driver, it increases the likelihood you will get into such a situation. Ive been driving a fair few years and have never had an accident, but most of that was luck when I look back on it. I am still learning and so much more careful now, especially when driving slow - thats the most risky time! While parking and on narrow streets, I bet the majority of accidents happen there because it is less intuitively dangerous when compared to say a highway.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Absolutely horrible.

agreed..some bloke came racing down the street here in front of our HS this morning doing easily 100k/hr, just flying...shit like that pisses me off mad.gif mad.gif Actually, drivers in general here really piss me off...
\:\(

I'm with ya on that one CB

We call them Hoons here. I hate them. I was bashed by a car load of them when I was 15. Why? Because I was a surfer. Walking home from the beach. But that's not why I hate them. I hate them because they are the most self absorbed pricks on the planet.

Call it adolesence, showing off,.... whatever. At the end of the day it's a cultural thing largely promoted by car manufacturers and motor racing in general. If you look at most car ads here, the only thing they want to tell you is how powerful and fast the thing is.

Stupid!

lol.gif

Too true!

How many times do you see a little guy get out from behind the wheel of a thumping big v8 with flames painted down the sides!!!?

But again the issue of respect for others comes up, huh? These hoons (not all male btw) show no respect for the rights of other road and/or footpath \:o users to travel in safety. Yes it is often a young 18 - 30 yrs thing ...but come on!!! NO excuse!

I always think it would be so frustrating to own a sportscar because you cannot use it properly without paying to use a track or breaking the law and risk killing people by speeding on public roads.

that's what i reckon too. it would be hella frustrating

funniest thing i ever saw was some **** in notting hill trying to parallel park a lamborghini into a tiny space on a crowded street. about 100 people standing around staring as he made 30 little adjustments trying to get his car in there, with the whole street throbbing from the ridiculously massive engine

That's what you have a track car for bobby!

If you have the money to own that type of car, you have the money to pay the track fees, tyres and stuff. There's still places you can go for a fast drive to test out fast cars, just not in public places!

Life is a vale of tears.

This morning, one of my students, a delightful lady about my age was telling me about her son. He was a mountain man, and accomplished musician. He died 8 years ago. She sat opposite me weeping silently. The grief of burying her child has never left her.

I don't know that it ever could Soubs...

I can not fathom losing one of mine, no matter how irritating they can be some days.

I see huge personality changes in the people I know who have lost children, even children that were not yet born when they passed - they leave a deep and profound impact on thier parents.

My children are still well alive, but there's never a day when I don't grieve over the loss of my family. That will never go away. Anyway, sitting there with her, I found it very hard to control my own tears.

shit, thats messed up Pie eater.

My mates mum was the same, 2 years ago, she had no symptoms, then one day she fell over walking down the path to her car and she died within 3 days, turns out she had a massive annuerysm (sp?) and the docs had no idea beforehand....everyone was shocked