Yesterday was my first time skiing.

Some friends here wanted me to go when it was a weekday so the place was not crowded. They took me to Maiko which is about 30 minutes drive from here.

It was snowing when we got there but not too much, visibility was ok. Anyway, it went really well. I was better than I imagined I would be! The soft snow helped I'm sure but the slope I was on was very gentle (almost non existant!) so I could quickly get some confidence.

How long did it take you before you got to semi-decent level and ok to go on steeper slopes? I am looking forward to the next time which I hope will be soon.

I remember my first time.

It was in Scotland. There wasn't much snow, the rental skis I had were prehistoric (it was admittedly in near prehistoric times) and my friend wasn't a particularly good skier. It was colder than cold as well. Somehow I got through it and grew to love skiing.

Originally Posted By: IceBerg
I remember my first time.

It was in Scotland. There wasn't much snow, the rental skis I had were prehistoric (it was admittedly in near prehistoric times) and my friend wasn't a particularly good skier. It was colder than cold as well. Somehow I got through it and grew to love skiing.

I've said it b4 and I'll say it again, if you can ski in Scotland, you can ski anywhere, and the good thing is with Scottish conditions that bad, you can only be impressed by the conditions elsewhere!!

Gotta experience the pain to appreciate the love! \:D
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I've said it b4 and I'll say it again, if you can ski in Scotland, you can ski anywhere, and the good thing is with Scottish conditions that bad, you can only be impressed by the conditions elsewhere!!

Gotta experience the pain to appreciate the love! \:D

Hee hee - my snowboard instructor at Thredbo - a gnarly dude - said the exact same thing as I was sitting on my ass on the rock hard ice!!
"Get up, do it again! Don't be a woos! If you can board on Thredbo ice you can board anything." He then also added: "Think about Japan" lol.gif
 Originally Posted By: muikabochi
lol.gif

How much snow do they get up there TB? Can't be much can it? No disappearing telephone boxes, I presume ;\)

Not much mate, its very sad. The only way phone boxes disappear is if the local neds pinch it!! lol.gif

muika, you referring to "my first skis"?

Yeah Bob, get yourself some cheapie 2nd hand ones from the forumers, then see what you like after you've spent some time on the slopes. Start off with some real easy riding flexible cruisers.

My friends daughter has some "my first skis". They were 1000 yen from toys-r-us, small and plastic. (His daughter is also very small)(but not plastic).

Great if you can get someone to donate Bob!