if its a bot - am assuming he/she/it has pre-programmed routines to delete posts that contain anything in the FAQ's that are banned.

This thus allows the hardworking mods to go out and do what this site is about - skiiing/snowboarding in Japan ;\)

just a guess

Bots are usually the roaming spy's for ad servers, but as SJ is advertising free....got me beat!

The site I used to Mod on used Google Ads, and there were 5 different bots all belonging to Google that performed checks on the posts to make sure there wasn't any "Click the links, keep this site financial" type cheats.

Look forward to hearing what SJBot is...

Originally Posted By: thursday.
I think bot means bottom

Yeah, just use the three ? as the DOS wildcard placeholder for any character and you could get "tom" or "tle", so SJBot??? could be SJbottle?

Started with an Exidy sorcerer, tape drive and 4K RAM. Have had computers at home since about '77. Taught Computing Studies at Higher School Cert (School leaving/Uni qualification exam) level for 14 years and now install WiFi networks and PCs, troubleshoot and repair PCs.

Guess you could say I'm a geek (ish). wakaranai.gif

Originally Posted By: JA
Started with an Exidy sorcerer, tape drive and 4K RAM. Have had computers at home since about '77. Taught Computing Studies at Higher School Cert (School leaving/Uni qualification exam) level for 14 years and now install WiFi networks and PCs, troubleshoot and repair PCs.

Guess you could say I'm a geek (ish). wakaranai.gif

Not a geek, you are a dead set legend!
All hail Lord JA, ruler of the ubergeeks!

Reminiscing about the old days....

Sad to say but "Computing" in Year 10 for me consisted of marking cards to feed into this huge machine and a blackboard explanation of 01010101010111000 LOL!

Then nothing until the compulsory first year Computer Science unit at Uni where we leart to program in basic, and some other bizarre geek speak language that I have long since forgotten.

Glad to say I am much more proficient with a keyboard nowdays! I am the households troubleshooter - but despite the family's confidence that "Mum'll fix it!" I think the ship is the Titanic...all we need is one good Iceberg and it is Sayonara baby!