But I came here and there is so much snow, it is amazing.

I am from Barbados and I am now studying at university in Urasa in Niigata Prefecture. I heard this place had lots of snow but I was not prepared to see so much!

I took some photos here they are. I did not try skiing yet because of study but this week I hope to try it for the first time. It looks fun.

It is nice to meet you.

This is near Jusco supermarket

BarbadosBob_1.jpg

It is a local temple

BarbadosBob_2.jpg

A road near where I live

BarbadosBob_3.jpg

A road near where I live

BarbadosBob_4.jpg

Garbage collection point

BarbadosBob_5.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mantas
 Originally Posted By: me jane
I wonder what made that print in the last one.

I reckon a big mountain Yetie or sasquash sat there for a rest.

Hmm - it looks like of like the Union Jack print. Do you think it was a British Yeti?

Barbados Bob - how are you finding the cold? Have you had a chance to go skiing yet? Keep us posted!
 Originally Posted By: Mantas
I wonder what made that print in the last one.

I reckon a big mountain Yetie or sasquash sat there for a rest.

Hmm - it looks like of like the Union Jack print. Do you think it was a British Yeti?

Could be...could be...If you look carefully, your can see where he might of put down his mug of tea.

Hi BarbadosBob - wave.gif

Looks like we're in the same city (albeit about 20 minutes drive away)... I live quite close to the Jusco in your photo. Let me know if you want to meet up, maybe I could give you a quick skiing lesson (though maybe a bad idea!)

Hey there!

My first post here! Usually a lurker. Til I saw this post.

This winter is my first time seeing snow too as I am from Malaysia. And guess what, I'm hooked on snowboarding!!

I'm also studying at IUJ, minamiuonuma. Are you a first or second year IM/IR student, Bob? I'm 1st year MBA.

By the way, the local community club (UMEX) has organized a trip to Gala Yuzawa snow resort this coming Sunday, 2nd March. Have you registered for it?

Maybe we can get some people from SnowJapan to join us? Muikabochi?

Dozo yoroshiku oneegaishimasu