Looking to stay in Nozawa soon. I have been to some 'western' places there before and also the Nozawa Onsen Hotel.

I have friends coming over and I would like to have them stay at a Ryokan. Besides Nozawa Onsen Hotel can anyone reccomend (based on experience) a place around the same budget as Nozawa Onsen Hotel?

Thanks,

RDP

I am supposed to be staying at Kiriya soon. Is that the outside onsen in the picture? From the snow on the rocks I suspect not.

Did you enjoy it? I am looking at having a couple of nights at Kameya also

We just spend 6 days at Ryokan Sakaya. Can unequivocally say it was the best (not grandest, but the best) hotel I have ever stayed at. Food is beyond amazing. Service was the most thoughtful and generous I have ever experienced. Beautiful, beautiful place.

Thank for the reccomendaiton on Sakaya, unfortunatley there is a big competition taking place the weekend I am going, so am moving over to Myoko to avoid the crush.

This is all good info for anyone going to Nozawa, thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

We stayed at Seisenso over Christmas and thought it was sensational:

- the staff were wonderful

- it's an easy walk to everywhere in the village

- it's a tradional place, so you get to experience futons, onsens, tatami rooms, etc

- the food was delicious, traditional food that was beautifully presented and an absolute taste sensation.

We'd highly recommend this place if you're open to new experiences