Legal question - Gym payment

I got a 10 month old and a 2 year old. Basically its not expensive cos all the clothes and toys you get given second hand or new as gifts. You only really have to pay for nappies (they add up over a month).

BUT, once you start looking at childcare its expensive, like 5man a month per child until they get into normal school around age 5. Also if you fly you have to pay nearly full price for a 2 year old. So now its quite tough for us to go back to UK/on holiday etc as its costing about 60% more than it did before we had kids.

Originally Posted By: bobby12

BUT, once you start looking at childcare its expensive, like 5man a month per child until they get into normal school around age 5.

Depends on your income OR your accountants abilities to reduce your tax.
$500 a month by Oz standards is not that much.
I pay 7500yen a month for 2 kids at childcare (that includes meals!..) Bargain!

Is that a desparate Nagoya ploy to encourage people to live in that area? or are they Nagoya Local govt just really family friendly? thats insanely cheap, the only people paying that little around around here are the buraku,

^ SG.. Not a desperate ploy.

It goes up depending on your income.. just like national health insurance. 2 years ago it was free for us! I have a good accountant that works within the legal boundaries to reduce my taxable income which saves us big time in childcare and national health bills thumbsup.gif

Private hoikuens will cost about 5-7man and that doesn't matter what you earn..

Still $500 a month for full time childcare is cheap. Anyone from OZ can fill us in on the costs?

Yep, Daycare will be around 5 man a month for me too, if he gets in this April.

Binman, it's Rennaisance sports club - nothing special but I guess it's the cost of two people using the pool and it's a lesson so includes the cost of the teacher and some kind of special baby insutrance.

Agree with B12, clothes and toys don't end up costing that much with hand me downs and doting grandparents but I've made a couple of big purchases like his buggy, car seat and hiking carrier. Trips home are expensive and as he gets older he's going to get more expensive!

Not sure Veronica - I don't really notice that I have less money cos I don't really go out now so I have all the extra beer money to spend on him!

No test just that the one we have applied for (two min walk from my house, new place with a big playgroud and combined with a nursery school so he doesn't have to move to a new place when he's three) is really popular. Everyone starts there when they are a few months old and their parents go back to work so the one year old class he needs is already full with kids moving up. They had 100 applications for 6 places in his year.

Originally Posted By: me jane
I don't really notice that I have less money cos I don't really go out now so I have all the extra beer money to spend on him!
子供って、手とお金が、かかりますね。。 wink.gif 
there's a gym @my work so i pay zero yen.
researchers from mainland china play ping pong while i do the stairmaster for 30 mins.
their speed and rhythm are quite entertaining,
sometimes a little hypnotic.