Im doing a unit this semester on extreme sports/athletes in one of my classes and just used that video clip with the kids. Great clip and they loved it. I'd like to pick up some other sick videos from a variety of sports skiing to surfing, mtn biking to kayaking, etc...

Please give me some suggestions if you have some as Id like to order them.

Cheers!

this is a good thread cos peeps like myself get an insight into good vids for sports they don't know much about

for surfing trilogy just came out and is pretty sweet.

campaign 2 is also good, and campaign 3 is due out soon.

they're all taylor steele movies. not the most exciting camera work, but amazingly progressive surfing, and some heavy waves too

The Waiting Game is my all time favorite Big Mountain ski flick. There are some interesting stories in there too about how long skiers wait for the right conditions to hit their dream lines. (4 years for the Grand.) It also covers some of the Big Mountain IFSA tour.

"Just sit in the parking lot... and twitch." (about AK)

I once showed Push to my students and some even thought it was fake. They couldn't believe that skiers did that stuff.

Laird Hamilton surfing Teahupoo.

That is about as extreme as you can get..

KiteSurfing

"Carpe Diem" - Kitesurf

Carpe Diem is the most action packed kitesurf video available with the best riders in the world performing in the most epic conditions at the sickest spots....... The Carpe Diem riders are: Aaron Hadlow, Ruben Lenten...

For 'Extreme' athletes... (oh, how I loathe that word), it would have to be Danny Way in the DC Video - he's an amazing athlete and pushes what we think of as possible on skateboard, which would fit will with your lesson theme - plus he does it over 30 having broken everything already, including his back!

Has Hawk even hit the mega-ramp?

There is ZERO English in this clip. But its Extremeness should have the capability of starting at least one topic of conversation for which you can develop a lesson plan.

It has been on this forum before... but Osman was ridiculous