Originally Posted By: scouser
Well said Domokun.

Ace site.
Met some of my best friends in Japan because of it.
I bet quite a few of us would say that, even if they didn't realise it!Cheers!

me too scouser thumbsup.gif Some quality, like-minded, fun, crazy, cool people here. Met so many great people through SJ.
  • SnowJapan Admin

Thank you for all these comments. \:\)

Quote:
I mean you could have pages and pages of just "snow" "Japan" on here and then what?

Domokun may know more than me on this as I am not that technical myself, but I do not think that would be particularly beneficial (and some people might take it too literally!) Those words are mentioned on here a lot as it is. Search engines have been known to actually penalise people going over the top with keywords, though I'm not sure how that would apply to a forum.

Apart from what Domokun mentions in his post, one thing that does potentially really help is linking in to SnowJapan and the Forums from other sites. Basically the more of those the better.

(This is also one reason why people want to post links on SnowJapan and these forums to their websites. Having a link on here - and even more so on the main site - to an outside site potentially has a lot of value not only in terms of people clicking to go to that site but also in terms of how google views and ranks that website).

Anyway thank you again for the comments.

It is better not to spam keywords because google has an algorithm that calculates all that sorta stuff.

The content on this site is perfect for google's algorithms already.

Anyway i cannot wait to go skiing in Japan. \:\) I hear the powder is fully sick dood.

Search engine rankings are also calculated on the PR of the site that links to another.

But good decent content is king. its all good.

• SnowJapan Admin

We are definitely not into the 'spamming of keywords' kind of strategy. (Note: I'm not implying you are suggesting that Domokun!)

Quailty content and lots of it, well made pages, good links (not spam/meaningless links for the sake of them) and - hopefully - some smart marketing of the site is what we strive for.

The best and easiest way people can help us is to spread the word about the site and if possible link to us. Adding content - photos, posts etc - certainly contributes as well.

Thank you for all the comments, they are appreciated.

sorry, you took me wrong, I am not saying to spam, but if you are in a thread, where someone asks "So who is going skiing this weekend?", most people replay with just: "I am".

Well, all I am saying is, use somehting like: "Yeah, I am going skiing this weekend". Big difference in related terms. This is not cheating, it is carrying on with the original thread, and helping keyword density. yes, cheating would be derogitory, and as I suggested, this is just a small thing.

Oh, and having pages of rekated terms would kill your site, cos google would definitely put you in the cheaters list (as koko suggests). This is BAD.... But keywords are good. use em well.

Overall, best things are: Links from other sites, and word of mouth.

Keep up the awesome work guys, i'll go an shut my mouth now... wave.gif

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
this site rocks! clap.gif

clap.gif

28536470fi0.jpg

Meritworthy thread though. I have spent a lot of time on this forum over the years, not so much this year though - My forum time seems inversely proprotional to the number of children I have! any more I will cease to exist in the cyber-pow world.