Originally Posted By: bobby12
I think this year will be the year for ereaders to break big, now the sony/amazon one is good enough quality.

I think they will die and come to not much.
Not this year but in the near future for sure.
They just don't have enough over tablets, or what tablets will soon be in terms of screen etc. Whereas tablets have a ton of advantages over readers.
  • 4 weeks later...

klingon, i think it is more abuot the audience than the device. ebooks do no make sense on a tablet, as there is too much interactive noise on a tablet to pull you away from an ebook. this is why you do not see ebooks being shown on tv or to buy on dvd to watch on tv. the audience for ereaders are book readers who want a device dedicated to that. that audience will demand the long battery life, readability etc that tablets do not offer.

Bobby you nailed it as for me it was battery life that was the main consideration and dropping weight in my bags when I travel. Even with a flash cover with a light its still about 1/3 of the thickness of the book Im currently finishing and a LOT lighter. I often go through 3 or 4 weeks in the 3-4 weeks Im away, dragging them around and now its all in a small little device.