Hi, I am new to the forums here. After a search of the old forum posts, it appears there has not been a lot of discussion about child care. Being a new parent who does not want to give up ski time, can anybody recommed which resorts have the best child care facilities... I am assuming Niseko as it seems to draw a large number of O/S guests. Any info and links would be apprecaited.

cheers

David

I wasn't being to fussy about the resort, as I thought child care might be limited and would let the resort be chosen by that fact. Being our first trip to Japan to ski, we were thining of Niskeo... but are open to any good suggestions. Our whole group can ski most terrain, powder, steeps, bumps groomers etc. The main aim is to ski lots.

Oh and our child will be almost 12 months old. Our friends are considering coming along with their child which almost be 6 months old.. so all very young

DCB,

Higashiyama seems to have something - they responded to an email enquiry I sent them a couple of weeks ago so they might be worth contacting. There is at least one place in hirafu (Alpen hotel - I think), but the min age is 18mths. Club Med at Sahoro has something similar. It's the monkeys of the non-standing variety that you'll have trouble placing. Some tour operators in Hirafu may also help arrange private baby sitting - we did that two years ago.

The problem is though that most apartments aren't all that big so an ankle biter that is a bit mobile is going to go nuts being cooped up for a week or more. We're not taking ours this years for that reason. As wonderful as snow and babies are, they're not that compatible.

Most accommodation providers in Niseko can arrange Child Care and it has become a bit of a premium service. I can't really mention company names here

(that is correct SJ Mods?)

but asking any of the premium, western providers will almost certainly get a positive response.