Jeezuz - trying to enlighten some of the locals about the hazards of burning recyclables(dioxins, PCB's etc.) and s-l-o-w-l-y it's sinking in.

If you want to enact a "please snow" ritual, why don't you make a straw effigy of your honourable self, resplendent in full gear, skis....etc and drop the match. Powder will fall.

Better still don't burn anything, make a bench seat and table set from the skis, and have a beer while contemplating carve heaven. \:\)

Damm you guys rag on our traditions too much. Yeah once a year we ski bums gather round a ski fire and consume a large volume of beer. Its part of the ski bum culture, if you have never bummed then I don’t think you will really understand. It’s not just about snow it’s about cheering on your friends hoping for a safe season so we can a have that end of the year party.

I have been doing my bit as well.

last night I sacrificed a virgin. It seems to have helped.

(It was a bit of a shame as she was the first virgin I have ever met, so you better enjoy the snow, they are hard to come by).

Well .db. Ullr was a Viking. He might take offense to that. You maybe should have done the deed and then sacrificed her.

Or are vikings all about sacrificing Virgins. Either way this will be really really good. Or really really bad.

Ullr, besides having a stupid sounding name, who the hell is he?? It had nothing to do with this Ullr chap. I just felt like topping a virgin, Patrick Bateman style. In the meantime it has started to snow. The perfect +1.0 correlation is striking, ne?