Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Was it busy Tsonda?

I went to Madarao Kogen yesterday and the place was EMPTY!! The groomers were firm but not icy, which made them very fast. By the edge of the slopes it was knee deep, pretty heavy, snow, but great all the same. The longest wait I had for a lift was....wait for it......... 30seconds!! It was sweet!! Blue sky, sun out and hardly another person in sight...great!!

Nice - sounds like it's good in both summer and winter!
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kagura today was beautiful - all morning the snow was falling but visibility wasn't poor - it was shocking! maybe 5 metres in front of you...if less?

But there were no crowds and the only problem was the time it took some of the gondolas to get to the top.

Came off the slope at about 3:30 due to the stupid bus - but even then was still riding some powder 'on-piste' ;\)

• 1 month later...

Poor Kagura 07/08 thread!

I went today. Fantastic weather, in fact I think I am going to be bright red come tonight.

Snow was great. Perhaps not as amazing as I was expecting but still great. Very few people out there.

I put these in another thread but thought they should live here too. Pics of the untouched mountains all around Kagura.

pie-eater_1.jpg

pie-eater_2.jpg

pie-eater_3.jpg

pie-eater_4.jpg

pie-eater_5.jpg

pie-eater_6.jpg