Hi guys,

My names Ash i'm new to the forums. I'm planning on doing most of the 07/08 season in Niseko from late Jan til end of March and would like to know where to find season accommodation. Have googled a couple of times and have searched but no luck finding anything. Surely there's some sites out there dedicated to season accom...???

Also I hope i'm not too late with trying to find something???

Help would be much appreciated as I'd like to book very soon

cheers,

Ash \:\)

Woah thanks for the quick reply! will look into it \:\)

Also some tips would be great from ppl who have been there and done a season before on where is best to stay(ie: closest to lifts), average costs for apartments and whether they charge weekly or monthly? also any basic things to avoid would be aweseome!

Upper Hirafu is closest to the lifts, but the shuttle buses run in loops to the lower village regularly at this peak time of the season - so you can stay at the cheaper accomodation in the lower or middle village and still get good access.

Costs vary depending on accomodation a lot!!

Nothing to avoid..

**Water is the best I have tasted anywhere - mountain fresh.

**Look into a Season Pass or a bulk Hrs pass for lift tickets. Could save you heaps!

**The shop in Niseko Landmark View (just down from Gondola) sells Frozen Meat Pies, sauce and vegemite if you get serious Aussie cravings!

What a shame FT!

In April I was buying water bottles and sticking them in the fridge until one night when we ran out and I just grabbed a glass from the tap. Tasted magic! No adverse effects. Refilled the empties from then on. Less water sales for the Seikomart! Spent the money on Pocky instead!

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
Go Native might no a few places if things are full. Wazas world which I cant ever find the website. Met Waza once or twice while he was visiting and he was a nice guy.

Do these guys run chalets/hotels over there do they??? Are they both on the forums?
 Originally Posted By: thursday
Mr Ash, what is your budget?

Haven't really set a budget yet... I did a season last yr at Big White in Canada and rent there was 500 a month for a pretty decent place. Would i be expected to pay about that for a nice place there or more/less??? I honestly don't really know so any help would be great!

GN doesnt run anything I think he just works there anyways he knows places that might be off the radar if the SJ hotels are all full. certain times will be very full now at popular places.

Yes having good water yet crappy taps is a problem. 50 year old school so I guess thats why... Lucky that the school isnt anywhere near where I live.

Originally Posted By: wannaBsnowboarder
 Originally Posted By: thursday
Mr Ash, what is your budget?

Haven't really set a budget yet... I did a season last yr at Big White in Canada and rent there was 500 a month for a pretty decent place. Would i be expected to pay about that for a nice place there or more/less??? I honestly don't really know so any help would be great!

Depends on what you expect for pretty decent. Is it just you? Do you want a private room in a lodge or boarding house? Or are you after your own one roon serviced apartment or are you thinking more of a unit/multiple bedrooms thing...
For the money I am assuming a room in a shared setting. As a family of 6 we are at the other end of the accomodation spectrum, so I can't give you any suggestions at all. Save to tell you they do exist, and you will have better luck securing them than if you wanted something for a family of 6 at short notice.

O.k fair enough i'll try n break it down abit for u guys.

Basically I'm a 23yr old guy who is pretty much in party mode, I lived with 5 guys at Big White, two of which were mates and the other three i met up there(all pretty cool). I'd like to do the same sort of thing but this yr it looks as though i'll be by myself or maybe one other and would like a place with like minded ppl but not a hostel type environment more like an apartment/chalet prefer with about three others but if need to be to keep costs down would live with more.

By pretty decent i mean like have a reasonable kitchen/laundry setup and something not too cramped, doesn't have to be super modern, but not a shack. Prefer my own room aswell not dorm style.

Budget: around the $500AUD/per month mark

Dunno whether i've covered everything but that's a start

I think you will find it difficult to do it for 500AUD a month without some serious sharing. Most Japanese guests houses will chargebetween 50 and 60 a night but I have heard of a few places for 600 a month, twin share with seasonal workers. Not sharing with a seasonal worker but in the same complex.

mate i don't dream! i work shit out and i do it!

i've got plenty of cash but am obviously trying to keep costs to a minimum and also trying to gage how much this is going to cost so info would be greatly appreciated.

I came up with a figure out of the blue, if it's a bit off then so be it i'll pay more but i need ppl with experience with japan to help me ;\)

Not sure if I can be all that much help. I see Waza most days so I can ask if he has any space. I think most of his accom will be taken up by staff though. There was a place in Kutchan that was offering long term accom for Y40,000 per month but I'm pretty sure they are full for the season. Anyway I'll ask around and see if anyone knows of anything.