cb when you say balanced explain a bit.

Are the wheels sitting angled?

Are the brake pads touching?

Or are the wheels warped?

Disc brakes on bikes dont sit always so perfectly. when you put the wheel in try angling the wheel a bit so that it fits better. Also remember that the forks although designed for disc brakes will still take the wheel 60 40 to one side. the disc takes up a bit of space.

wheels are secure mate, theyre not angled at all. Just giving them a spin you can see the shape of them and the rubbing of the breaks against them...dunno, I spent an hour last night putting it together and after all was finished spun the wheels to see them not spinning right. Will have some more time today after school to adjust things if possible. If I cant do it will take it to a guy I know. If theyre warped that thing is going back.

If you are talking warped then that is a problem. The bike may have taken a big knock shipping. Discs touch mate at first you will burn that off or force them open after a ride or 2. If the brakes are touching dont worry discs can take the pounding. Until you build pressure in your hydraulic lines they wont force all the way open either.