Doctors save man with vodka drip

Australian doctors have kept an Italian tourist alive by feeding him vodka through a drip for three days, medical staff in Queensland say.

The 24-year-old man, who had swallowed a poison in an apparent suicide attempt, was treated while in a coma.

Doctors set up the drip after running out of medicinal alcohol, used as an antidote to the poison.

Medical staff said the patient had made a full recovery, and the hangover had worn off by the time he woke up.

Originally Posted By: spook
and for the ultimate hangover cure - just bung a normal drip in. complete and almost instant rehydration and you're right as rain and redy to party again

Think I mentioned it before but the doctors at my company have done that!
 Originally Posted By: girl with a beard
Whenever I have a hangover, the last thing I want to see or smell is alcohol. It always seems strange when people say you drink more to get over it.

maybe cos you have a beard?! residual smell and all that!! ;\)

seriously there is nothing better than having a beer again when you have a hangover. It's not that you actually WANT to have one, the mere thought of it can send you to the toilet for a spew, its the knowledge that after the initial pain then everything will be a-ok!!