OK,

Usually i do not want to give Karuizawa any buisness, so i will add a disclaimer at the end.

I didn't ride the 47 pipe last year, so i don't know how it stacks up against Karuizawa.

In years past, Karuizawa was groomed once a week, like on Friday night or something. And it went to crap by Sunday.

Karuizawa in itself is tiny, and almost 100% manmade snow. Which makes for an icy pipe. If that is your deal (and if you are competing, i'm guessing it is) then its pretty good. Last year it was kept up pretty well, and has a decent shape.

If the person who wrote this is who i think it is (K.H.?) i'm not sure how the peipe stacks up to other places like Whis and NZ. I think its a little bit smaller, but probably what you will be seeing anywhere else in Japan.

Here is the disclaimer part. I don't reccommend paying the hill money. Its very expensive for a tiny, crowded, icy place. But here are the good points.

You can cruise up to it by shinkansen from Tokyo. And the hill is within walking distance from the station.

Another good thing is that it has night skiing. And the pipe is lit up. If anyone who wans to pursue this for a weekend, they can also crash at my place, which is 20 minutes down the local line from Karuizawa.

If you don't want to pay money to ride there, and i highly suggest you don't, PM me and i can give you the low-down.

And AK, Kuma, and anyone else; lets do one night there! Find the ugliest 80's one piece at a second-hand store, and lets get all Terry Kidwell on that sh*t!

yeah, it's me...he he

I think I may have to pay you a visit sometime this season but prob going to Hakuba because I still want to ski moguls and other stuff.

Talk to ya later if this is who I think it is otherwise that would

be creepy!!!