get ready for the fingerprinting...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better check it with the UK embassy.

The old ones without the chip that were issued before 2006, even if they expire in 2015, they were valid only till December 31 2006. There was a six months period from July to December 2006 to apply and get a new biometric passport. So even if you got a passport issued in December 31 2005 that expires in December 31 2015, it was most probably valid only till December 31 2006.

Man they finger print you for everything anyways so I dont care.

My office gets jobbed finger print everyone

get into an accident finger print everyone

School gets jobbed finger print everyone

Sign insurance forms finger print the family

That said no cop is going to find you cause the finger prints arent in a data base. The bloody things are on paper how Starsky and Hutch is that!

I don't know how I feel about this..

Being a permanent resident I feel a bit ripped off as we have to go through the whole process of proving that we aren't terrorists and haven't been deported previously.

Also the inconvenience of having to split up the family and my wife having to take the kids in her line. I'll be giving my best "hai cheezu" pose I can give when it comes to piccy time.

When I compare how my wife is treated as a permanent resident in OZ and she doesn't even live there yet... we get a bad deal.

It's only going to affect me once anyway as after I caome back at Xmas, will only be leaving and won't be coming back in a hurry.

Yeah I read what ya mate wrote.

It's happened to myself and friends even in Australia. But they don't make everyone do it.

Doesn't really bother me, and won't really know if it does until I experience it myself.

Hopefully it will be efficient and hassle free.

It could be a bit of a mixed blessing as the print is stored in the chip, the computer can verifiy the print with your finger through the reader.

We have automatic gates, insert ID card, place thumb on reader, gates open, away you go. No ugly sour puss, “I hate my job, I hate you” immigration jerk to interact with.

lol.

Actually, you know how "spiders" index & search web pages, do you think the FBI have created "spiders" to search & scan websites with photo recognition software to look for criminals?

Suddently, I am becming paranoid. Not that I have done wrong, but that technology is getting so advanced, information is becoming dangerous.

And to comment on Fattwins statement of fingerprints still being on paper, thats crazy!, you think why would they bother then? Very strange.

yeah, i had the ssss on my ticket and got the bomb residue scan. There were some middle eastern dudes going to Yemen in front of me and they got hassled big time.

As long as it's fast & efficient & they don't find the undeclared steepandcheap boxes in my bag they I don't mind

I got fingerprinted & photographed in the states. It's not bad but it's such a waste of time. we lost an hour in that lineup.

Originally Posted By: thursday
ahem, fed guys, we don't know this Domom 72 stranger, OK.

Aaaw thanks Thurday, i thought we were "bro's for life!". Ok, I will pack up my suitcase and move out from your spare bedroom.

It's not the fingerprints that are the problem anyhow, it's the a##l-probes. OR so I hear lol
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't mind being fingerprinted once and having them keep it on file but but it says here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071026/wl_nm/japan_fingerprints_dc;_ylt=Aj_Dgf1A7kqsSf2OLxiquPaROrgF

"Japan, will require resident foreigners as well as visitors to be fingerprinted and photographed every time they re-enter the country"

That's crazy. It means we will have to stand in the foreign immigration line and not the regular Japanese line and wait for hours just to come home.

Yep MJ, The story has changed so many times, yes we ( permanent residents) will be finger printed... No we won't..

Pisses me off that you, I and others in our situation who are married to Japanese with Perm status have to separate from our families to go through this shit. I says that they just don't care about their Peranent residents.

They don't want foreigners or people who are not 100% Japanese in this country.. I don't want to live in a country like this so thank god this Xmas will be the last time I come through in a long long time.