japanese potato recipe?

this sounds crazy but someone on here should know. i'm looking for a recipe for a potato dish i used to eat all the time in hokkaido, but i can't remember the name of the dish

it's boiled baby potatoes in a thick sweet/soy type sauce. from memory there might even have been black sesame seeds as a garnish? they were served in a little bowl, 2 potatoes or so per person.

if you all think i'm crazy and would rather read about 2pints' boss' sex habits, then fine, but if someone could help that would be cool. and if it turns out well, i will make extra and throw some into my bin for any visiting freegans

nup. not niku jaga. i also remember it being called jaganiku, but maybe that was just some slang. my old boss used to like mixing things up and joking around to confuse us.

it's hurting my head trying to remember it, but i have an inkling that it might be in a diary at home. if i find out i'll let you crew know, cos it it joy.

thanks for the suggestions anyway!

ok, i made it and it was good. i put in alot less sugar than the recipe called for, so it was semi-savoury, but still thick sauce and a bit sweet. so not sure if we're talking bout the same thing still. anyway, it was delish

is daigaku imo super sweet like candy, or just slightly sweet like, say, a sweeter teriyaki sauce?

no leftovers for freegans either...

yup, but that's how i remember eating them. it musta been another recipe, but damned if i can find it. i even asked a japanese lady in my office, but she had no idea what i was talking about.

but the japanese family i worked/lived with in hokkaido would cook this dish at least once a week