Well the base seems like its finally there read this from Arai now

Thursday 18th December 2003, 10:03AM

Lightning & Thunder storms overnight brought hail to the Joetsu region, along with colder temperatures and strong winds.

Presently, it snowing at ARAI, with the snow level approximately 200 meters above sea level. The strong winds are continuing presently, making the wind chill factor significant.

This morning, the guides and patrol members at ARAI have gone up the mountain by Gondola to assess the courses and view conditions first hand.

The weather forecast presently appears favorable over the coming week, with snow appearing daily accompanied by even colder temperatures. One other positive factor is that rain appears to be getting squeezed out of the picture by snow, making mountain operations increasingly viable.

Sounds like some staff ar poaching lines. Good on them if they are I know that is the benifit of beening on Patrol dam bastards.

It is funny in Canada 100 cms will open a mountain. The patrol will put signs up everywhere watch for them rocks, eh. In Japan I do find it takes a bit more to open it up.

Well Arai I do hope you open this weekend, cause if you dont the other resorts will be packed and I want space to turn.

i think the fact that u use powder to poach your eggs adds to the spirituality of the winter brekky experience!

i have neat trick to aid in poaching too.

your eggs come out the fridge, right, so they are cold. but u don't want to mess with the temp of your finely tuned boil. so i dip my eggs in the hot water for 5-10 secs to take the edge off their coldness, and then poach 'em.

works a treat.

u got any secrets there rach?

to poach

1 To trespass on (another's property) for fishing or hunting.

2 To take (fish or game) illegally.

3 To make (land) muddy or broken up by trampling.

4a To take or appropriate unfairly or illegally.

Sports.

4b To play (a ball) out of turn or in another's territory.

We're talking about 4 here. Back home in the midwest US, there was little to do between races, so we often POACHED the park (for snowboarders only, heheeh). It was fun.

I like poached eggs.

aaah, you're a faker!!

u got no idea how to poach an egg, and are just too embarassed to admit it.

poaching (from above source) also means to sink into soft earth or mud when walking.

perhaps our araii friend was alluding to a muddy walk to the lifts!!??

(from the site - snow cover at lower lift level is only 5cm)

I went there last season when there was 2x the amount of snow that there is now and it was friggin appalling. Don't go unless it is coated in a few meters, then it is great.

(It rained on me every day this time last year so I may have been somewhat negatively influenced by that fact as well).

rubbishhh!

I make great poachers, you just bitter coz you aint gonna stuff your face with one!

:p

I'm a bit sorry for hijacking the thread. Will be a good girl from now.

Actually zee naughty cat continues to play the role of zee elusive cat. However, I do have a date set up for Sunday night in Tokyo and she is super HOT! ATSUI ATSUi ATSui ATsui Atsui atsui atsu. atu.. at... a.... .....