I'm getting myself drunk now but just before I was watching one of these tv channels that recycles old tv programmes.

One was 3-2-1 a quiz show with Mr Smarm Ted Rodgers (?). Special guests Tom O'Connor and Barbara Dickson with some scary hair. Magic it was.

Watching some of these things that I used to watch with the family when I was a teenager, brought back some a lot of memories. Mostly good I think.

Anyway time to go out and drink more. Curry later on. Bye wave.gif

\:\)

I'm out of touch. The only programme mentioned here that I've heard of, is the A Team. There was one plot and they must have re-made it 50 times.

An important point of immense significance is that Mr T has the privilege of being born on the same day as me. Lucky man.

ah those were the days. Those were the days when we had to scrum round a huge 21 inch CRT without a remote control. There were 3 channels, Beeb1, 2 and ITV. THey shut down at about 10pm and the anthem used to play to send you to bed. There was no morning TV cos you're expected to tune into your radio. And the detector van would roam the streams detecting who was watching telly without a license. Freakin freaky.

hahaha, yeah I vaguely remember BBC2 going off early on Sundays (??). My uncle was the first in our family to own a VCR, every Friday and saturday it got passed around to a different member of the family to watch pirated videos, I think he got to watch his own VCR, which he shelled out a small fortune at the time for, about once every 2 months!!! \:D

I watched The Krypton Factor on Thursday evening.

Exciting stuff it was.

Hi-tech quiz show with the computer "instantly giving us the results for the round". Cheers Gordon Burns!

how great did the assualt course look on the krypton factor?? Although the shell suits you had to wear while doing it did not look so great.

Do you think Gordon Burns had Lego hair? I don't think it was ever out of place

The assault course looked pretty good actually - saw it just now. lol.gif The suits were wicked, I want one.

Where was that course?

Gordon Burns still does the North West news now. The hair is still never out of place.

The course was at Holcombe Moore in Bury (Lancashire)

Quote:
Physical Ability: Gordon Burns cited this as the reason why he nicknamed Krypton Factor as 'Television's Toughest Quiz'. The contestants raced over the 400m Army assault course at Holcombe Moore, Bury, Lancashire. Originally, each contestant was given a staggered start based on their age and sex. Later, age was discounted and all the female contestants were given a head start with the men chasing them. Noted for the death-slide bit near the end where everyone would get extremely wet going into the water

Apparently, the course was so dangerous up to eight stand-by contestants were on call in case anything went wrong. When Gordon Burns tried it for himself for the experience, it took him over five minutes to complete (more than twice the usual time) and he ended up with minor injuries. In 1989, contestant Judith Stafford broke her ankle on the assault course, yet still managed to finish in third place! Her leg was in plaster all through the studio rounds, showing that the assault course was filmed prior to the studio rounds (the Response round was filmed first). The course changed design after some series (and certainly after that one), sometimes in response to safety concerns.

Being girls, girls started earlier than boys. Not sure how much of a head-start they got.