Snowboarding for 5 to 6 days - Nozawa or Nozawa+Hakuba

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
Happo the best beginner areas are near sakka but if you stay there you are pretty much stuck there with nothing. Wadano is heavily advertised because Yokoso only advertises Wadano. I for one am not a Yokoso fan as I feel they waste money only trying to push one area for one agenda. YOu stay in Wadano then you arent going to leave Wadano.

Absolutly. Try to book something from down here. It's all Wadano.

Wadano also has jack all to do. Mantas next time you come back please get in touch and try to make time. I can show you where some nice skiing and kids areas are. near my house we now have 2 nice climbing walls.

Thanks Fatts, might take you up on that.

I think you will start to look at resorts differently once your little one(s) start skiing (which I'm sure isn't far away). The way they are layed out. 400 meters from point A to point B can make a world of difference when you have tired, cranky, cold, hungry little ones, that weigh 15kg but are carrying 5 kg of ski equipment on them.

Given the same good snow conditions everywhere, Nozawa is my favorite place to be. It's a great place. I know a few little bars and places as well and I have heard that a few more might be opening up next season as well (don't know the details just from a friend). I wish it all the best and hope it can be a success without drastically changing things.

I agree.

It would be very sad to see Nozawa go downhill. Give us tons of snow this next season and things will seem lively again. Same goes for everywhere.

snow doesnt always bring people. Even in a good year most resorts are seeing no money making.

Takasu areas are a good example of places that get a good amount of snow not the most though but make a killing.

And they do that ever so much better than lots of other resort areas?

I always preferred going a bit further to Nagano myself \:\)

• 3 weeks later...