1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

It's not whingeing, it's a fair complaint.

I would like to ban smoking in all places where non-smokers have a chance to be. That includes on the streets, in the park, bars, restaurants, anywhere indoors and publicly outdoors.

Walking down the street getting on with your biz and some loser in front decides to light up and blows his cancer at you. Makes me sick. I wish it was legal to carry a baseball bat specifically for smokers.

Originally Posted By: ger
I used to smoke. I quit for a while, then smoked occasionally, then quit fully and completely several years ago. Now and again I think, "I could really go for a smoke", but I don't, because....
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
.... It makes you smell like ass. You waste money on shite. You cant quit. You make others sick.

yeah, people should just smoke dope rather than tobacco. I can kinda get that one...

We are currently doing spirometry on all the Minara employees here for their 'Mine Workers Health Cert' and the smokers and ex smokers stand out like dogs bollocks with reduced lung capacity across the board. Im one of them. I stopped 20 years ago but my cap is way down even though I can still free dive to 40' and can cycle 50kms a day.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
There has been no probs in Scotland with stuff like that....maybe its just that English people whinge too much??
aussies....any views? ;\)

Oh please the Ozzies make the English look like neophytes when it comes to whingeing. They are the biggest whingers on the planet.

And let`s get the facts right, if we are going to ban ciggies then we should definately ban alcohol. Causes far more social problems and far more deaths per year than any smoking ever does. Alcohol is by far the most harmful and dangerous drug.
 Originally Posted By: spacefrog

Oh please the Ozzies make the English look like neophytes when it comes to whingeing. They are the biggest whingers on the planet.

lol.gif Spoken like a true pom! \:D

"And let`s get the facts right, if we are going to ban ciggies then we should definately ban alcohol. Causes far more social problems and far more deaths per year than any smoking ever does. Alcohol is by far the most harmful and dangerous drug. "

...sssh! dont tell anyone!

Seriously though, tabacco is worse than alcohol (for me) because it is so much more invasive of your personal space.

Originally Posted By: spacefrog
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
There has been no probs in Scotland with stuff like that....maybe its just that English people whinge too much??
aussies....any views? ;\)

And let`s get the facts right, if we are going to ban ciggies then we should definately ban alcohol. Causes far more social problems and far more deaths per year than any smoking ever does. Alcohol is by far the most harmful and dangerous drug.

The differnece is that you can drink alcohol without it being ingested by those sitting next to you who choose not to drink alcohol, whereas if I sit next to you and you are smoking, I will also smoke whether I choose to or not because of passive smoking. So I think you'll find that Tobacco takes away personal choice which is what freedom's all about eh??

smoking sucks, drinking rules!! chug chug chug!! \:D
 Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
I'm no fan of smoking, far from it, but the pubs all definitely smell different now........

yeah You're right BOC, they smell off ass and stale beer, which isn't any better....but one step at a time!!! ;\)