Has anyone else ever had problems with unwanted emails from Rakuten. Every now and again I have bought things from a shop on there. As far as I know I didn't sign up for any newsletters but I seem to get lots - from different 'categories' for a while after buying. I have to follow a link in the mail to go to the list of newsletters to unsubscribe. It's a real pain.

The same has happened to me, it's very annoying isn't it. Seems to take ages to get rid of the things and they are for things I have absolutely no interest in or have not visited.

There must be some sort of get out when you order must really look at that form more closely next time.

Yes it is a real pain. Ive stopped buying from there. There is a tiny checkbox on the page when you order to opt out of emails, but its hard to spot and not in an expected location.

if you get them just filter them out, no big deal. I use Rakuten all the time they are filthy cheap on almost everything. 2gig SD card for 2000yen was my last purchase from there.

A massively discounted computer chair will be my next purchase.

A few junk mails is a small price to pay for awesome bargains.