What I found out today - clean up after spilt milk

The day before yesterday I spilt some milk in my car. I thought I had cleaned it all up (on the front car mat), but obviously not. When I got in the car today (didn't use it yesterday) the smell was almost unbearably bad. I didn't think old milk could smell so bad it was like a mix of... well, ugly nasty evil smells.

I will have to clean the inside of the car tonight but I just can't believe how bad it was when I opened the door this morning. I wish I could post a sample (though it would probably be censored by inter-tube lords).

\:\(

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would stink!

I had a cousin who spilt their iced coffee (milk) in my car and didn't tell me. Couldn't get the smekk out for ages and that was in Autumn in OZ, can't imagine what it would be like here in summer... RANNk?

i bought a car the other day, i hadn't even bought foot mats yet and went round to a mate's to show it off.

had some dinner then got in to go home, and there was just the most rank smell. yep, in the dark i'd trampled through dog turd and smeared it all into the carpet. devastated.

thankfully it's all cleaned up now. that febreeze deodouriser stuff works wonders

oh man, you should have seen how dark i was. the missus was even less impressed. the first decent car we've ever bought, and i trample poo everywhere....

dog poop. 2004 subaru forester. bought it so we could do some (light) 4WD. i'm amped for a fun-filled summer of camping on the beach.

i was wearing ugg boots. i hosed down the soles but they still have a faint smell. i figure the more i wear em, the more the smell will fade. i have been cutting a rather dashing figure walking around the local shops in my uggs.

a couple of years ago my dad bought a commodore and our cat peed in in about a week later. he just suffered through the smell. in hindsight he should have bought a new seat, but i think he was scared the cat would pee in it again

ah the old cat pee trick! We had a cat somehow get up into the engine bay and then pee everywhere (probably when the engine started! lol.gif ) The smell came through the venting system every time we turned on the fan. Yechk!

plus they have an amazing array of cup holders. when i'm driving, i find it's important to have somewhere to put my beer while i'm rolling a spliff and talking on my phone.

Ah ha. With Indo with an Evo and you with a WRX, there are some closet petrol heads here.

Rolling a spliff while driving is quite a trick. I used to be able to roll a stogie while driving a truck.

I cleaned my car today. Well tried to. The mat was gone before problem was that the milk had gone under the seat - and I didn't originally see that. Anyway this was a while ago and I have had a shower and I can STILL smell the evilness of my car. I have tried to wipe the bottom carpet and done lots of spraying so I hope tomorrow it might be a little better.

\:\(

One thing - when I went this afternoon to my Evil Smelling Car, I noticed that loads of small flies had appeared. Obviously they like evil smells. But where do those things come from. They seem to appear from nowhere. Big bad evil smell? Hey well I'll just start existing and flying around it. And why don't they like the smell of flowers, chocolate or other nice things.

\:\)

this is like the episode of seinfeld where the car park attendant had rank BO and jerry couldn't even sell his car...

if all else fails, pull the seat out of the car and attack the carper with everything you've got.

i feel for you mate, it sounds horrible

This morning things are a bit better. There are still traces of Evil but it is bearable. Hopefully it will gradually get better. I'll keep on spraying the fabreeze.