I had a big party last night and am feeling rather worse for wear today.

It's one of those days when I am totally ineffective and don't feel like doing anything. Of course I have to be at work and have to look like I am doing something. So I have been doing anything but working all day. I can't believe how effective my time wasting has been, nearly 3pm already. Using the web, drinking coffee, talking with colleagues, going for a bit of a walk....

What a waste. I'm bored with it all though and another two hours to do. What are your time wasting activities?

oh man, i got hammered last night. i was toddling down the street with a mate, having a chat and walked straight into a pole.

killing time at work is hard... i'm up for any innovative suggestions.

how about downloading a book in word format? if anyone looks at your screen they'll just think you're churning through a huge document

Having to get up with a hangover and drag yourself to work is truly a bad bad feeling. I do everything I can to avoid mid-week drunken nights out. My work have this ridiculous policy it seems of having parties on Mondays or Tuesdays. If you ask me that is very silly.

• SnowJapan Admin

I think you should complain!

Though I would be surprised to hear if some people actually use the Forums from work...

;\)

Quote:
Having to get up with a hangover and drag yourself to work is truly a bad bad feeling.

It certainly is. I remember once I had to do a speech and I was just totally wasted, looked like death warmed up and my Japanese abilities were not cooperating. It was a disaster. I'll refuse to get drunk now before anything important. A normal day at work doesn't count of course but even that and doing nothing is a really painful experience.

Where I work there is a room that people sometimes go to to lie down and take a nap. I'm not quite sure how it works contract wise, but one guy always seems to be in there the lazy cad.

I often like talking with colleagues when I am not so busy. It's a good time to practice my Japanese.

I'm still feeling hungover from last week. Well I know its not actually a hangover but I'm just knackered. Talking with some of my colleagues is an effort in itself and so that isn't an option when I'm tired. (Do they enjoy talking about cheese, cheeseman?)

I have many days like that, mostly nothing to do with hangovers.

Seems I have 2 modes - all our ultra efficiency working really really hard mega-concentration mode, and the other one which is totally useless don't seem to be able to get anything done at all mode.

Today is the latter.