The Grauniad:

"The countdown to the Grand Depart of the Tour de France in London on July 7 looks set to be fraught as uncertainty grows over whether more riders allegedly linked to the Operation Puerto blood doping inquiry may face expulsion from the event and conflict continues among the teams over the approach to be adopted."

Why don't we go back to the old days of amateur vs. professional, except make it "clean" vs. "chemically enhanced"?

They busted Riis (sp?) and could be stripping his win in 96 or 97 if I'm correct. Looks like all my childhood hero's were on some kind of gear! Test them all everyday and weed out the cheaters. I know there have to be a few honest riders out there.

Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
There may be some sponsorship deals buggered up if that happened. Shame, hey?

How about sponsorship from drug companies? This stuff isn't being cooked up in the garage.

"Our drugs are better than ...."

"Buy more drugs.."
 Originally Posted By: halfmachine
I think in bodybuilding they have a clean division but there is still some conjecture as to whether the 'clean' guys/gals are actually clean.

I have known people who have competed in the natural comps. Some take drugs and some don't. They can't test for everything. I don't understand what the drug takers are thinking as they could just go in the anybody comps. Maybe they think they will have a better chance with the naturals.