1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Having dates printed on photos is like enjoying websites that have midi-melodies.

I had to laugh when my dad pointed out this website that had a cheesy Let It Be blaring out as soon as you opened the page (along with silly rotating gifs and lots of color different sized fonts and a starry background). He was showing me how good it looked. lol.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you hand them in Thursday? If you do it over the web there's an option to add the date.

Were the photos from your d200? In spite of your histogram being fine there were blown highlights? I had that and spent 2 hours at my local shop getting to reprint 1 shot with different settings. They finally got it right but they would have to do that for every shot. That was when I learned that the fuji machines they use are not calibrated to exacting standards thumbsdown.gif

anything they send to the lab ie bigger sized photos come back spot on though

Yeah my D200. Put the CF into their reader and chose the prints. Then left it to them. They managed to white out most of the backgrounds. Lazy people, if only they bothered to take a look. And can't remember asking them to put the date in either. They used a really ugly shadowed font.

Now, having the cache is good. 25 fast ones on the trot. No need for Extreme CFs, just the ultras will do fine. Buy some 2GBs and swap out for different occasions. But need to take care with the filenames.

The ultra II CFs are really cheap now.

the only advantage the fast cards have is when you download to your computer (or in your case the shop's computer).

but speaking of which, right now in the states there's a rebate til the end of the month. 4gb extreme IV for 65 us after rebate!!! oh, then you need the extreme card reader.

I just figured out I've got a fake 2gb extreme III and a real 1gb....but there's no difference in sequence speed. Don't really know about dl speed. haven't bothered testing

That is a good price for a 4GB Extreme IV. The cheapest here for that is 3 times that price. But it’ll change next week.

Right now I’m running with three 2GB ultra IIs. Why put so many eggs into one basket.

I would suggest that Mr Britgob was thinking that people my be taking lots of eggs to an egg party when responding to your "Why put so many eggs into one basket" comment. Not sure about an egg party though, I think I would prefer a break dance party, as seen here:

Er, that might be slighly off topic. Sorry ;\)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...