the holidays were good to me this year bringing me a burton custom with ride tomcats...

CM158.jpg

FLIGHTTOMCAT.jpg

oh this season will be good...

Although I spent about 4 seasons on my last board, so I'm defintiely gonna need to adjust to the new setup. I think the custom is alot stiffer than my salomon too, so it should be interesting.

anyone else get new gear this season?

Yup, I got some new gear:

02-03 volkl v-pro's 190 (except the chick is orange, her hair is blue, the "V" is black, and the background is white)

v_pro.jpg

02-03 lange banshee 105

img1030218930.jpeg

02-03 salomon 6-12 DIN bindings (I forget the model)

Yeah!

Velocity bold telemark skis, 180, and rather fat... w/ G3 T9 bindings.

A huge upgrade for me, and the difference to the tele experience astounding.

Fourteen days later, however, they ain't so pretty no more... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

snowhaus, since i'm not there anymore, and i don't need fat skis anymore, there were some great deals on last year's models at a store in kutchan. can't rememeber the name (even though i bought boots there), but if you walk down the main road from the station a couple hundred meters, its on your right. across the street and a little back towards the station from the snowboard shop (which has some backcountry ski gear) called "BOOM." happy hunting.

>>This'll be my 1st season riding with a helmet, and I wonder if it will cause more injuries that it will prevent...

Yes. A nut cap will cause you to ride into every tree you see cause you think you are safe.

Dont be silly :rolleyes: . After a while you forget you are wearing one and you behave in the same risk manner that you do with only a beanie on. I should mention that youy forgwet it is there until you smack your scone on a tree branch that would have taken hair and skin off a naked head. Then you are thankful.

Ridding in trees or on a crowded piste with no helmut is very silly.

Good purchase.

There's also the ender-theory: That you hit your head more when wearing a helmet (due to the added wieght your neck has to handle when you fall).

The helmet I got isn't heavy at all, but I feel a significant difference compared to wearing a beanie.

I guess i'll get used to it tho...

that added 14 ounces might cause you to tap your head on the snow a few more times until you get used to it (and grow a backbone that can handle it :p ). But it is not going to cause you to crack your nut in a nasty fashion at all. If you are going to smack something hard enough to do damage, it will happen with or without the added little extra weight.

Once again, good purchase, even though it doesn't look very fast. Are you concerned about speed in that thing? I would be. Drag factor.... like a woman.

I bought a Burton BMC 164W at the end of last season for 35% off....it's the only board that fits my size 13 US boots....I also picked up a pair of Salomon F boots at 30% off. Maybe I'll get some skillz this season and stop smashing my back on rails!

2003_BMC_164W.jpg

143345.jpg