Take a left as you walk out of the main doors of the trainstation down the steps and on the left under the station is the bus stop the Hakaba bus is at the very end as you walk past the bike racks.

Thats as I remember it anyhow

Markie, is that the limusine taxi/mini-bus that you share with 3-4 more people? I know that its about that money per person and they take you up there for that money even if they dont find other clients to put on the taxi.

A normal local taxi from Nagano station would go by the km distance and would be quite steep.

Normal taxis charge about 80 yen per 274 m (daytime rates) so for a 50 km distance to hakuba would be something close to 15000 yen if you go smouthly.

Tsondaboy, you have some very good Greek wisdom! You are right, I completely forgot to mention that the price I quoted was "per person". Sorry!

So if you are a group of four, then the price will be 44000 yen. But for a normal taxi from Nagano to Hakuba, the price is the same for 1-4 people, so it is not the same to compare a normal taxi with the Chuo airport taxi service.

Just kill that hour and a half at Mc D's over breakfast and a cup of coffee. With the morning rush there is lots of eye candy to talk about with your mates. Makes time fly by fast. 3000 yen is expensive compared to a free bus service depsite the wait. That equals to almost the price of a ticket or a couple of beers after the days end..