I am interested in hearing about your high school prom story! Many time on tv story and movie I see prom story of people going for first date at prom etc... is it really like that? I think at least very different from Japan. My high school we did not have like that at all.

In Japan you should spend your whole year studying for entrance exam.. No fun allowed!

We didn't have a prom, it was called a Yr,12 Formal or social, can't remember.

We had to do ballroom dancing and had lessons for 3 years leading upto it.. was pretty fun

I had a wonderful night \:\)

Got asked to go by the boy I was lusting after for years ( clap.gif ) and just had a dreamy night. It wasn't out first date but it was near the beginning of a 3 year relationship. It was just like in a movie, honest, will never forget it.

I went to 6 proms. That's 6 rented tuxedos. It's probably worse for the girls as I don't know if you can rent dresses or not. Prom is boring. it's the after prom parties that are fun. A good rave party is much more fun.

Which cult YellowsSnow?

Its a Christian one, but I wont say here because it may influence/upset/provoke/'laugh at me' somebody.

Needless to say in the bible is say "Bad association's spoils useful habits" (1 Cor. 15:33)

So proms actually called debs where I am from were forbidden in the congregation.