400 meters at 115seconds X 2

400 at 110 X 2

400 at 105 X 2

400 at 100 X 2

400 at 95 X 2

400 at 90 X 2

400 at 85 X 1

400 at 90 X 1

I dont have any speed so that was a bit rough on me but afterwards I felt fine while my kids, who lack strength/endurance felt rough... Been a while since I ran on the track!

Do any of you get trouble with your joints?

Even at 18 I started getting pain in my lower back when jogging outdoors and had to stop. Recently I started doing running machine and after a few weeks my knees started to kill and I've had to stop that too and use the bike instead.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
400 meters at 115seconds X 2
400 at 110 X 2
400 at 105 X 2
400 at 100 X 2
400 at 95 X 2
400 at 90 X 2
400 at 85 X 1
400 at 90 X 1

that's impressive.
in junior high, i was in a t&f club and ran 100, 200, 800, 1500, and 3000, but never ran 400. 400 is tough perhaps..

I finished work today at 10am so decided to use it productvely and go out running. Had a bit of a monster run (for me), dunno the distance but it took me 1hr 45mins which I'd have never believed I could run for!!

Then as a treat I had a few al fresco beers in the 20 degree afternoon sunshine!!! \:D

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I finished work today at 10am so decided to use it productvely and go out running. Had a bit of a monster run (for me), dunno the distance but it took me 1hr 45mins which I'd have never believed I could run for!!

Then as a treat I had a few al fresco beers in the 20 degree afternoon sunshine!!! \:D

Good work TB. That's about the same time I stretched for this morning at 5 a.m. Hopefully will do a Bikram tonight.

>in junior high, i was in a t&f club and ran 100, 200, 800, 1500, and 3000, but never ran 400. 400 is tough perhaps..

quite an interesting combination there ewok. Generally people use either white or red muscles but hardly both - or maybe its harder to be the best at both which is why you quite often see winners taking the 100/200 combo or maybe the 200/400 for sprinters; and often the 800/1500 for mids. I always wanted to be a pure 800/1500 runner but was better at the 1500/steeple/5000.

>in junior high, i was in a t&f club and ran 100, 200, 800, 1500, and 3000, but never ran 400. 400 is tough perhaps..

quite an interesting combination there ewok. Generally people use either white or red muscles but hardly both - or maybe its harder to be the best at both which is why you quite often see winners taking the 100/200 combo or maybe the 200/400 for sprinters; and often the 800/1500 for mids. I always wanted to be a pure 800/1500 runner but was better at the 1500/steeple/5000.

There's a lot of concern about Japanese kids being physically inactive, but by the sounds of it, the kids who participate do it hard.

I remember being at Sydney airport once and I came across a team of Japanese high school rugby players who had been in Aussie for conditioning and training. They were all chowing down on instant ramen in transit! Go do to Aussie for training and spoil it with low-grade fuel.
which is why you quite often see winners taking the 100/200 combo or maybe the 200/400 for sprinters; and often the 800/1500 for mids.

ic. that was why i never won lol.gif

That's interesting. When I was at university, I was pretty good at Track and Field and took part in every running event from 100m up to 5000m, including 110 hurdles and 400 hurdles and won medals in all of them. Actually, my strongest event was 400m and 400m hurdles but during those university days I was there, so was the HK champion in those two events. So in order to win some golds, I had to switch to the other events.

In fact, as recently as this January I ran in a 4 x 100m race that clocked 48.3 secs. However, that fast time was mainly due to two very fast team-mates who ran at about 11 seconds each and I think my individual time was about 13 secs for that 100m.

Originally Posted By: Markie
I was pretty good at Track and Field and took part in every running event from 100m up to 5000m, including 110 hurdles and 400 hurdles and won medals in all of them.

its not "pretty good"
i think its "very good" \:D

Davo and I had a nice run Saturday up in Takarazuka. Great mountain trails right in his backyard, soooo jealous. We went just over an hour, and struggled getting up the steepest part of the long climb, but we didnt stop and made it to the top. Had a good breather after that but were basically fine afterwards. Thanks for the run mate and looking forward to another one soon.

Mtn. Biking has been great too! Had some good rides the last several days and glad to be rolling again \:\)

Davo and I had a nice run Saturday up in Takarazuka. Great mountain trails right in his backyard, soooo jealous. We went just over an hour, and struggled getting up the steepest part of the long climb, but we didnt stop and made it to the top. Had a good breather after that but were basically fine afterwards. Thanks for the run mate and looking forward to another one soon.

Mtn. Biking has been great too! Had some good rides the last several days and glad to be rolling again \:\)

Mtn. biking in the Kansai? Takarazuka? Minoh? Kawachi-nagano? I used to ride in Minoh quite often. Two Japan-based semi-pros, a Canuck and an Aussie, used to live and train around Minoh.