• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Davo and I run we use the time up to the mountain as a warmup as once we get to the trails its hardcore. Steep up there where he is.

For speed workouts warmup/stretch is vital. I was surprised at how little of a warmup those kids do...and also whats up with people "bouncing" while stretching in Japan? Ive never seen anybody do that except here :confused: Always do a thorough job before doing speed cuz thats the easiest time to injure yourself.

I think you are much more 'hardcor' than I am CB. \:\)

I'm just trying to keep my weight in check and keep generally fairly fit. I think my jogging probably would be your warming up!

Yep still going. I usually do between 4 and 7km depending on how I feel. I still haven't really been able to hit 10km consistently but think I'll just keep on doing what I'm comfortable with.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

20 min warmup
stretch
8 X 200
then a 5-10 min break

following set was hard:
200, 400, 100,100 X 4 (you only get a 10 sec rest)

400 X 2

15-20 min cool down

I want to try that. I've never done sprint training. How far is the standard Japanese track. 400 meters onthe inside lane??
  • 2 weeks later...
 Originally Posted By: ger
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

20 min warmup
stretch
8 X 200
then a 5-10 min break

following set was hard:
200, 400, 100,100 X 4 (you only get a 10 sec rest)

400 X 2

15-20 min cool down

I want to try that. I've never done sprint training. How far is the standard Japanese track. 400 meters onthe inside lane??

yup, want to go tomorrow with the kids but my headache might keep me from running. If you want some good speed workouts ask...can give plenty of ideas. Also, try doing hills and farleks as well.

yeah, I want to do sprint training but I can just barely find the time to do my regular distance runs. I would be good to jog three times a week, and then do sprint training or hill training a fourth time. In the summer though, everything changes because I start hitting the pool whenever I can. I try and swim 4km and jog 20km each week. --not enough to turn me into a real athelete but enough to stay in pretty good shape. The thing is, I never really improve my time on distance running (9-12km). Sprint training or hill training might be way to improve. (but -- whatever -- I mainly just do it for fun.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone run a marathon? I'm thinking of doing one next April. I hadn't really thought of it but they're holding one in Tokushima along the Yoshino River so it seems like a really nice course. Seems like a lot of training is required...

I can't imagine being able to run that far without stopping. Around 10km still seems to be my limit, though I can't say I push myself too hard.

After a summer of relaxing and consuming lots of food and drink, I'll be glad to start jogging again this week and hopefully hit the lofty heights of 4km as a start. ;\)

bailed on a run with davo yesterday and ended up rearranging my house...really got things organized and put away (4 months later \:o )

so, went to the gym and did 1 hour on the xcountry ski machine. wish we had a stair master. did weights the day before and some squats/bench (have just started doing them free weights). Ill have muscles busting outta my clothes in no time lol.gif

Well.... the marathon will have to wait. I can't set aside that much time to train for it. No way! It just looked like such a nice route. Anyway, I'm jogging 8 - 12 km these days, though it's only been about once or twice a week throught the summer. Too hot... Still..

• 1 month later...