Quote:
Originally posted by fjef:
demonoid has just about everything you can think of for the Mac - use search - Applications--->Mac and browse a bit...
Hmmm, seems I need an invite for most of the stuff.

Anyone wanna hook a bruthu up? \:D

Tesselator at Gmail.com
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Tesselator:No I mean what's a good torrent SITE for mac software? Thepiratesbay and Torrentspy have some stuff but it's VERY slim pickings!
Gotcha! Skim read and miss the point.
Demonoid.. as has already bee stated.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
Azureus is the best for Mac.

Aussietorrents.com
diwana.org
Demonoid.com
Mininova are all the sites I use.

first 2 are invite only ( I have heaps)
Demonoid is not always open for registration
and mininova is good but make sure you read the comments b4 DL'ing.
Hi Indosnm

I'm wondering if you still have any available invites for aussie torrents?
I have been trying to get onto this site for ages now to get all the Aussie sports etc.
I have a ratio of 5 on Azureus and a minimum of 2-3 on all of my private trackers, of which there aren't too many. Only a few of the free ones like Demonoid, SceneMachine, Torrentlounge, Peer Hub etc. Didn't realize how hard it can be to get onto some of these sites.
I was told that you can automatically get onto Diwana once you are registered with Aussie Torrents and vice versa, is this correct?
I would really appreciate any help you could give me.
Thank-you

Regards, Zygrina.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
yeah, I thought that might be the way, cheers T. If you remember the name of the site, then let me know \:\)
Hey Bushpig,

The only subtitle site I know of, and it's pretty huge, is http://www.opensubtitles.org
It has subtitles for a lot of the new TV shows and everything.
Pretty cool site.

Regards, Zygrina.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Zygrina:
Hi Indosnm

I'm wondering if you still have any available invites for aussie torrents?
G'day and yes I have a stack of invites.
PM me you're email address and I'll get one sent to you.
Diwana have suspended their invites but that was last week so I'll check again and let you know.. Just send the addy to me.
  • 3 months later...

alright, so i've been happily downloading stuff and watchin it on my laptop, but now i think i'd like to burn films/tv shows etc to dvd so i can watch them in the lounge room, and delete them off my hard drive.

what (mac) program do i need to convert avi format to something that a dvd player can read. any guidance is appreciated!

i don't have an inbuilt dvd burner, so i'll be using an external one...

Toast Toast. Look and you will find!

Takes a long time to burn a DVD, especially if it needs to be compressed. What I do is hook my laptop up to my TV. If you have heaps of things you want to keep to watch later, it's best to burn them as data discs (quick).

so i should just save em to a dvd and then watch them off my computer? maybe that seems like the best idea.

i'll look into that toast thing too.

cheers mate

I did that Bushy but then it filled up and rather than getting another I had a good look at the stuff I had..

I never watch movies more than once, same with TV shows so now I just can em after I've watched them.

I do that, but delete stuff after I watch it. Also, how big was your drive Indo? These days they are huge, and takes quite a library of stuff to fill them up. My laptop is too old and doesn't really have room for saving stuff, so I need the external HD.

Hisashiburi people.

There is a good site at http://www.tv-links.co.uk this has LOADS of stuff from sports to films to drama, and it is streaming vid not download. If its just a short show you want to watch then this is often easier than downloading for me. Good quality still as long as you let it load a bit before you watch it. Also option for full screen viewing.

• 4 months later...

to bring up an old thread..

Does anyone know any japanese tv torrent sites?

The other ones mentioned here were with english subs.

I'm really after pure J torrents, surely there must be Japanese torrent otaku's that love capping???

cheeers

Originally Posted By: farquah
Hisashiburi people.

There is a good site at http://www.tv-links.co.uk this has LOADS of stuff from sports to films to drama, and it is streaming vid not download. If its just a short show you want to watch then this is often easier than downloading for me. Good quality still as long as you let it load a bit before you watch it. Also option for full screen viewing.

but can't get Coronation St though
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
thank god!! pleez don't tell me you watch that crap Stemik??!!

hey I am a Lancashire lad...you can take the lad out of Lancashire but you can't take Lancashire out of the lad

until i watched a few UK soaps, i could never understand the english fascination with neighbours and home and away. and least there's a bit of totty running around in bikinis in the aussie shows.

eastenders and corry - drab miserable people - what is the attraction?

Originally Posted By: spook
until i watched a few UK soaps, i could never understand the english fascination with neighbours and home and away. and least there's a bit of totty running around in bikinis in the aussie shows.
eastenders and corry - drab miserable people - what is the attraction?

i guess real people - not every one is beautiful